More Watch Tower Cost Cutting!!! Smaller Magazine to be Announced

by cantleave 230 Replies latest members private

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    Every day a hundred requests for Bible studies are sent in.

I bet the majority of these requests are bogus (kids playing jokes on their friends)

• sinis
    sinis

This is all based on the global economy. Fuel prices WILL skyrocket, shortly - this means increased raw/finished materials, JiT shipping costs, and they no doubt have forcasted the reduction in actual DOOR TO DOOR WITNESSING due to increased fuel prices which affect everything in the life of a Dub (especially since they do not encourage advanced education) - so the Dub will see higher food costs, higher rent, higher utility bills, etc. If the global economy nose dives into hell, as many are indicating within the next few months Q3 - Q4, the WTS may very well cease to exist. I have seen a HUGE increase in JW online witnessing. I believe that that may be the wave of the future. Perhaps very few physical tracts, but .pdf tract files available for download on the JW site, or pages that online Dubs witnessing can redirect to someone.

ALSO, I would not hesitate to believe that the JW's have not incorporated some type of Adsense campaign where they actually get paid for others to hit on their site...

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

100 requests/day (which is probably rounded up) over 7M adherents in 200 countries is not all that much.

- That means once every other day someone fills out the form in your country

- That means (given the statistics that they preach 1B hours/year) for every 2,739 hours (or nearly 2 years of full-time employment) preached someone fills out a form.

- That means for every 2000 JW's that are active, someone is compelled into submitting a form once a year

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks for the information sir82. I had missed hearing about the changes with regard the training of missionaries. It lifts the finanical burden from the Watchtower Society directly onto the local rank and file (who probably also make donations to the WTS).

• metatron
    metatron

,For All You Linear-Thinking Extrapolists:

Logically, since the Awake was reduced from two 32 page magazines per month to one, this reduction is to 16 pages.

Next: 8 pages

Then 4

After that, 2

And finally, none!

Woo-Hoo

metatron

• TheListener
    TheListener

The brochures are 32 pages!?! Now the Awake and WT will be less pages than a brochure! That's seems odd.

How many dubs do you think will spend the time to read the articles published on the web? The Society will have to push the articles by using them in the Ministry School and Service Meetings - that way the dubs that aren't reading it all on their own will at least have to look up some of it.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I just thought of something else, that may have been posted already (if so, sorry).

As the web content becomes more and more common and the printed material becomes less so, being able to show a dub proof from a publication that the WTS has flipped flopped on major issues or used to teach this and that but now doesn't, etc etc will become so much more dificult.

The dubs can and probably will reject anything that's printed from their own website once it is no longer on the website as a current article. The only saving grace right now is that most rules and directions come in the printed JW only WT which will remain 32 pages.

They are going to get slippier and slippier as their past statements are only as valid as their server space.

• moshe
    moshe

The WT org has downsized the meat in due season so much that all they have left is the equivalent of the dollar menu at a fast food joint. Thanks for that list sir82. I doubt that the WT writing dept could muster the ability to put out a full size 300 page book, even if they were ordered to do it. The help just ain't what it used to be--

• shepherd
    shepherd

I think it's just a matter of time before congregations become responisble for their own printing of the study WT. Some elder with Internet access and a printer will then run off the articles.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well, they can really go overboard and eliminate the Magazine Counter altogether. They could eventually expect the Publishe's to print the mag's themselves according to their FS needs. Remember how they got rid of postage with the magazine subscriptions? The publishers became the mail deliverer. How this one escaped everyones notice is beside me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit