More Watch Tower Cost Cutting!!! Smaller Magazine to be Announced

by cantleave 230 Replies latest members private

• sir82
    sir82
    another announcement to be made immediately after the Special Talk.

Typically that is the "special" announcement along the lines of "We are so happy you are here. If you would like a free Bible study, please just save yourself some time and jump in front of a moving car now see an attendant after the meeting."

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

This VERY funny... They talk about pages! But in paper it will only be 8 pieces of paper stabled together. That's not a magazine, that's a leaflet!

I just changed the Dutch Wiki . ;-) Let's see how much time it will take for someone to remove it. ;-)

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

It would be a huge risk, but wouldn't it be easier for the society to switch to electronic media only? They could put the onus on the local congregation to find the best deal locally available for printing the magazines required for preaching... They could just create a new Elder or Servant position, "Print Overseer", who would be responsible to ensure the congregation's printing needs are met.

They could trial this approach with the KMs and handbills, and then upscale it.

• heathen
    heathen

It's not about the revelation locusts anymore . If you read some of the newer books it's about cockroaches cleaning the circuit of all interested ones . i think it was in the new book on prophets or the live with jehovahs day in mind .

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I'm not surprised at this announcement--it's been a long time coming given the technological and economic climate. As for why the WT doesn't just merge the two public mags into one monthly public mag, I think it would be too much of a jolt to the brand/public image as well as to the perceptions of the older publishers, who have gleaned the bulk of their secular knowledge from the Awake and Biblical knowledge from the WT. To merge them suddenly could be damaging. That said, this downsizing might be a first step toward a single monthly "public" mag.

I think it's hilarious that, supposedly as the end draws near and the preaching work reaches its peak, God's organization is downsizing its administrative/organizational staff (Bethel lay-offs), cutting out meetings (cancellation of the bookstudy) and now eliminating half of their mainstay literature offerings! Truly a great shout of praise!!

To anyone whose mind isn't clouded by cult thinking, it's obvious that the hierarchy is being pinched by the changing demographics of readership (or lack thereof) and economic realities!

It will be interesting to be at the meeting when it's announced and see if the pubs clap. Undoubtedly, there will be the usual hearty clapping; I wonder if any of them will realize that they're applauding a 50% reduction in the monthly allotment of spiritual food?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well Sapphy, that would push dubs into using the internet more. We all know how the GB feels about that. It would move the paper cost to the KH's, so that's insta-money as we speak

I see pamphlets and leaflets as the literature of the future. Bring 'em in and then offer a study

• heathen
    heathen

Of course they can't make it in one mag . The mags are the profetic 2 witnesses in Revelation , remember?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what? when was that published?

• heathen
    heathen

The books were published maybe about 3- 4 yrs ago and of course the 2 witnesses are mentioned in the revelation book .

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Indeed the revelation at last book are printed the two magazines are the two witnesses from the bible revelation. Mix the two mags would be a clear footshot!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit