IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I also look to see if my act or word comes from a place of love and/or mercy. If I am being self-serving, or serving others. A good test is also the golden rule.

There are many non-believers who live their life with exactly those same values.

• tec
    tec

There are many non-believers who live their life with exactly those same values.

Agreed, and I have never claimed otherwise.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL I think its funny that we can agree on something even though we have taken entirely different reasons from it...the comments on the previous page are what I am referring to. The agreement on things that actually...we don't agree on at all.

Thanks tec and sweetbaby...I think you just demonstrated religious differences of the bible to me. People see what they want to see, and that is what fits in with what they already believe.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Don't we see that all the time when we post? I do.

We say something...often people agree...but they aren't agreeing on what we were thinking when we wrote it and this becomes clear by their further comments. And yet...we still have agreement.

Just like religion...they agree that the book or at least part of it is inspired or from God. But they don't agree on the meanings in there, they will disagree on what texts say and mean...and yet...in the end agree that it says God loves us. Is it just because they already started with the belief god loves us? or is it because the bible is right and it doesn't matter if it is misinterpreted we will always get the right conclusion?

• tec
    tec

I have to go to work :)

I think its funny too, that people can agree on something, yet draw different conclusions of what that something means.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

see ya later tec...

• LV101
    LV101

I don't know about people only seeing what they want to see. i think this is so when we're young and want what we want (fairy tales) but w/age we've experienced being deceived/deluded and are apprehensive to trust just anything and want to know truth and deal w/it.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I think it is more obvious when we are young (at least to others)...it is more insidious as we get older...so much so, we don't even realize it ourselves.

• LV101
    LV101

not good. I know w/age there's much I wish I didn't see now --- ahhh, those days of delusion when i thought everything would someday be all lollipops and worked out/resolved.

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

@tec ......I think its funny too, that people can agree on something, yet draw different conclusions of what that something means.

..........That is what defines our individuality. I gotten lost in the.... turmoil, so are you an individual or not? And that comment is not inflected in any negative, flippant or faceous manner.

@SBJ .......ABSOLUTELY, shouting from rooftops

@still thinking ......I understood perfectly, it's the twist at the end that throws ya unless you consider what has actually been said and isn't that testing it(LOL)

@LV ....don't know about people only seeing what they want to see. i think this is so when we're young and want what we want (fairy tales)

And therein lies the answer.........for people who have lost their power of I-magi-nation, can see no other way but only the way they want to see.

They no longer have an inate ability to believe anything is possible. So therefore to not allow time for the things written in our hearts when young; because of indoctrination outside forces; society,religion etc,; as to what is required by us to be worthwhile as a person......slowy we sink into the mire. I clung on for gim death to five things, on five fingers; motorcycles.music,books of my choice,living in the bush,and my higher self. I've still got them. I am a complete man.........no handchopping here and if there is, HOW the hell are they going to know the hand proffered is correct. Take 'em both,I'ts written on my heart

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit