Steven Unthank: What do we really know?

by SweetBabyCheezits 503 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

"The above pencil drawing is an image of a young child in the Traralgon Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses that was recently raped by a fellow member of the church"

But I dont really mean that, ok Is not a pencil drawing is a photoshop edited picture of a young child who is NOT in the Traralgon Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses that was NOT recently raped by a fellow member of the church... That what I meant.. I actually dont know the girl in the picture is and I dont know whose daughter she is and have no clue why shes crying but I think it will serve to illustrate the pain a kids goes thru... I apologize if my wording is not right.. I know my fellow JWN friends will understand.... Now in place I am gonna put another pencil drawing from a real victim who was given to my personally just recently....

But I dont really mean that.. What I really mean is that..... you finish it.

• cedars
    cedars

3dogs1husband:

you cant post a minors picture and claim that she was raped and that legos were used in the hororr....(and it was clear is WAS suspose to be her in the image) and not expect this kinda fall out.....

Neither can you always think clearly and respond calmly when faced with the imminent collapse of a case that you have spent years working on and thousands of dollars funding.

Apologies were demanded WAY too early last night. People were seeking instant gratification for every whisper of conspiracy on this thread, when the best thing to do (as OUTLAW was doing) was to try to discreetly verify the facts and form one's own conclusions privately. It all comes out in the wash eventually, but some people just can't wait.

Cedars

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@all:

Ok, I see what's going on here... potentially. After looking through the official site for a while, I found the case hearing search, and the list. It looks like the only thing listed on the official site are current future hearing dates (that is cases with a hearing date within the next 6 months). Doing a basic search for any date in the past, even yesterday, reveals no cases - which is clearly wrong. You can't search historically from the offical site.

MeanMrMustard

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Exactly, cedars.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Victoria's Chief Magistrate approved private prosecution of the religion over its refusal to get ministers to have police checks, but Mr Unthank said he could not afford the $350 file charging fee.

Sorry but this is what I meant to query when i posted the link, then realised it was for July 2011, so didnt bother raising the point.

This suggests to me that right from the start he bit off way more than he could possibly chew, so the outcome was almost a given right from the start. Yes I commend him on his bravery and efforts, but without resourses, knowledge and know how it aint ever going to fly is it.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

"Apologies were demanded WAY too early last night"

Who demanded an apology?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

People were seeking instant gratification for every whisper of conspiracy

Oh yeah cuz you know us... i forgot.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    But public things are fair game to question publicly. . . . james_woods

As a principle I agree. But principles can be maintained under a range of choices.

My first qualifier is that those engaged in the same endeavour give consideration to the overall cause, when deciding on treatment of the subject . . . after all the purpose of "questioning" is to get a satisfactory answer first and foremost. Public questioning is normally a political tactic designed to cast doubts and is therefore quick to employ the principle in an overt and confrontational manner. You can tell because the questioning is usually accompanied by suggestive speculation . . . fraud, hoax, scam etc.

The second qualifier is this . . . the subject matter. There are few subjects I treat with greater respect than this . . . none in fact. The possible outcomes of which approach is employed, could never be more serious. A few minutes checking beforehand to ascertain appropriate public treatment is warranted in my opinion. It is very possible to place ourselves on the wrong side of a debate unwittingly . . . and be a sharer in the interests of the abusers.

Others obviously differ and wish to treat the subject as "fair game" (a euphamism for a hunting target BTW). Because of my stand on the matter, I have nothing but utter contempt for those that do . . . and I'm not sorry if it shows occasionally.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

to discreetly verify the facts and form one's own conclusions privately

Then if you are going to form your own conclusions privately, why are you discussing the issue in a public forum? Oh i forgot cuz you are the only one who can post things in here and if we dont agree with your point of view we must leave..... this thread has 18 pages because it is an issue that to some of us interest us.

if it was to be handled privately no one would be discussing it here.. we would be doing it privately...

I actually want the whole issue to be true... I want to believe it that the things are the way they are portrayed and that the WT is losing a battle.... but most importantly I want truth.. even if I dont like it....

Posting our findings here are part of collaboration... may I remind you LEO that you have participated in finding facts in the same manner in other threads.... well its the same here.

we are just digging... it doesnt matter if we like it or not....

• cedars
    cedars

Witness my fury:

Yes I commend him on his bravery and efforts, but without resourses, knowledge and know how it aint ever going to fly is it.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing.

cyberjesus:

Who demanded an apology?

If anyone was baying for blood, it was you. Anyway, I get the sense this is getting very personal between you and I now, so please calm down. You're a clever guy and I respect you. I just think you should divert your energies down more productive avenues. If nothing else, save your replies for one post rather than posting two or three replies in quick succession. When you do this, it gives the impression that you're not really thinking before you're typing.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit