Steven Unthank: What do we really know?

by SweetBabyCheezits 503 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• tornapart
    tornapart

A picture of 'A' child could be acceptable... a picture of 'The' child is not. What about her rights of anonimity? To me this is just adding to her abuse (if it is her)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well take a look at all who have been involved. Some have steller reputations, others don't.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Hoax or not I found it very upsetting.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm reserving any further judgement at this point, but some questions do need to be answered. For example, Has ANYONE received a response from the prosecutor or anyone on the side of the state?

• mind blown
    mind blown

@ wha happened .......yes, flipper got a response.

Due to the flooding of emails, not sure if there will be more responses.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what thread was it? there are several

• james_woods
    james_woods

I don't think anybody has discredited the reality of the cases that Unthank brought to court (thus far) - I think the issue here is the propriety of posting that picture and claiming that it is the lifelike image a a child rape victim.

That in itself is child abuse if it is true. If it is not true, then it is completely unexplainable why such a claim was made.

That kind of scandal stands to completely undermine this whole issue.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

the cases are 100% real and verified. However, what I would like to know is what the reasons the procecuter decided to drop the case? was there not enough evidence? or is this just an issue of someone being paid off? i find the pic to be too much, and if it turns out to be not what he says it is, then he owes us an explanation. but these were real cases the really got dropped, that is 100% verified in the threads. how much merit did they have? that is something i hope is eventually answered.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I found the image on the front of the Watchtower Documents file equally inappropriate to be honest, but few others seemed to mind. It put me off looking into the archive at all as a matter of fact, despite the fact that I otherwise would have been very interested in the documents.

Are some people suggesting Steven Unthank is a hoax in toto? That would be a bigger JWD scandal than Trevor/|Lindagate if true!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    MB: He wouldn't have done it without the parent permission.

MindBlown, it seems you know Steven Unthank pretty well. May I respectfully ask how you came to be familiar with him and his plight?

MB: If yougo to his site, you will see his art work. His art is so amazing, a couple look more like real life photos then paintings.

Yes, I visited his Art/Photography page and saw the seven images that he has on display. And you are right about the paintings and drawings that "look more like real life photos than paintings." Why they're almost indistinguishable from digital photos that have had a photoshop filter applied! Amazing indeed. Meanwhile, Brian Scott's colored pencil drawing of the crying girl looks less like a "real life photo" and more like an excellent hand drawing.

MB: Could it possibly be that Brian Scott just so happened to have painted one of the child abuse victims?

Of course that is a possibility. And as long as we're basing our reason on conjecture, it is also a possibility that both Brian Scott and Steven Unthank made two different drawings of two different girls who happen to look exactly alike. But it's not likely.

Shack: Wow. I too only have a surface level awareness of this case, but the Six Screens appearance and now that pic cast a dubious shadow over it all. ....According to Brian Scott's website, his drawing was posted Sept. 5 2010. But Steven Unthank's post today on his website describes that photo as "the above pencil drawing is an image of a young child in the Traralgon Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses who was recently raped..." Doesn't add up...

Good points, Shack. The supposed conspiracy of his frozen PayPal account also raises some major questions in my mind. I'd like to see some accounting of the donations he received.

This whole thing carries a very similar feel to an elaborate hoax that was perpetrated against my hometown years ago. There were parts of the hoax that were legit enough so that the con man could demonstrate some sort of public record.... but following that, it was pure BS. This young guy fooled the whole town, including news reporters at local stations and the Gazette. He met with the Chamber of Commerce and claimed he was the CEO of a company that would construct and operate a massive data center in our town. It was going to bring hundreds of jobs - a real boon to the local economy. Everyone bought it. There was tremendous buzz about him and his company. After all, he had an authentic website that described his business operations and he even had his business listed on a reputable IT company's site (Cisco, if I recall correctly). That lended him some credence but it turns out that wasn't so hard to do. So he made the news on every channel. But long-story-short, it turned out he was a twentysomething loser who was still living with his parents in a nearby town. The whole thing was a hoax and everyone bought it. This was one of those rare occasions where Occam's Razor didn't apply.

I'm not saying Steven Unthank is a complete fraud but I would certainly like to see more information from the court system about his involvement in the prosecution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit