The Two Forces

by N.drew 259 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious

N Drew (parentheses mine):Two Forces(1)

The Ark(2) pictures the response to one kind.

It means the customs of the people can cause catastrophe(3).

And most people did not stop the destructive behavior , but some used it to be redeemed.(4)

Sodom pictures the other kind.(5)

It means the people respond badly to the intuitive recognition that doom is ahead.(6)

In one case what the people are DOING causes something bad(7). In the other case something bad coming, but not by their fault(8), cause them to act badly.

I suspect the society is involved with both scenarios. They are the center of the drama.(9)

Hey N Drew! Cryptic OP, let me try to interpret/continue.

The Ark is represenative of how God saves specific people from their own catastrophe(2). That's how the doctrine of Grace was discovered(2). Whenever we find ourselves knee deep in filth it is ALWAYS our own fault(4, 8). It's never the sole fault of the specific person in the mud, but they always play a part even if small(4, 7, 8).

The two forces you refer to are the human constructs of Good and Evil and their subforms(1). Evil can be defined as unsustainable and Good the opposite(1, 3, 4, 6, 7). Therefore as God watches our civilization become unsustainable he intervenes(2, 4). We are rarely aware of our own catastrophe on the horizon(2, 3, 4, 8). That's what the Biblical Great Flood represents: humans on the brink of extinction(2). World War III will do humankind in before it ends like the last wars(3, 4, 8). It will be a different war because of how powerful we have become, but also because of our evolved will to deny the truth and create contention(3).

Your reference of the Great Flood and Sodemn being depictions of human manifested forces with the same result is interesting. The Flood being Evil generated by Human Apathy(3) and S&G being Evil generated by Human Chaos(5). Apathy is rampant in OUR world and is even considered a virtue if exhibited without losing revenue(3). Therefore you could call Apathy "Good" because it stretches out human existence much further than Chaos(3, 5). But unfortunately it ends in the same result: hoarders and ultimately death to all including the hoarders(3, 4). Hoarding of all kinds including spirutal awakening which the Watchtower Society attempts to copyright(9).

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

Nope sorry thats even more obscure than the OP.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Nope sorry thats even more obscure than the OP.

Keeps the conversation going at least.

-Sab

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Keeps the conversation going at least.

And it keeps the magnificent spirit of the thread alive.

Actually, there is a deep religious point or two under all the styrofoam fluff here...

• sabastious
    sabastious

I like word "obscure" to define this thread. Uncertain, like a work of Salvador Dali.

-Sab

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I like word "obscure" to define this thread. Uncertain, like a work of Salvador Dali.
    -Sab

Or Lewis Carroll -

• N.drew
    N.drew

Sabastious I LOVE IT! I shall call you Alice (reference to Lewis Carroll post james-woods 7177) I'm the Caterpillar! :) Or the Cat OK.

The reason why I think Heaven is being quiet.

Heaven is observing what we all think about WWII.

I don't know about WWIII. I'm trying to avoid it.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Lewis Carroll's poem said "all mimsy in the boregoves" - not "mingy".

But I still like "fresh & mimgy" much better.

I will see all of you tomorrow. I am signing off for today to go home & play with my cat.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    The Ark is represenative of how God saves specific people from their own catastrophe

The Ark pictures whole souled devotion to listening. God did not save Noah. Noah's obedience to God saved Noah. Isn't there a difference?

The scriptual illustration suggests that Noah had nothing to do with the catastrophe. But because he was on the same planet he had to witness it, which is good (or can be good) for us!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sabastious I LOVE IT! I shall call you Alice (reference to Lewis Carroll post james-woods 7177) I'm the Caterpillar! :) Or the Cat OK.

You are definitely the Caterpillar more than the mischievous Cheshire Cat.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit