The Two Forces

by N.drew 259 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

N.drew, can you speak english? Me no understand what you saying.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Do you not understand what seeking what is wrong is a worthless endeavor means?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I'm not talking about fixing cars.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    So then if the tree of life IS the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, then God, damn it, didn't do anything bad by leaving it there/here/everywhere. I don't know where it is.

Gone since the flood, if you believe the witnesses. They do not, however, explain why ALL trees on earth were not killed by the flood. That might actually be the basis of another good flood thread - thanks, Ms. N.Drew.

I think God did something wrong by leaving it there to taunt Adam and Eve, but putting angels outside the garden to keep them away from it. Better he just got rid of it right away.

Hypothetical mythology, all of this, of course.

• N.drew
    N.drew

OK I'm not talking about HOUSE either.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I'm not talking about fixing cars.

Yet another excellent subject for a separate thread. Thanks again, Ms. N.Drew.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    OK I'm not talking about HOUSE either.

You mean House the crazy doctor on that TV show? No, let's not talk about him. He is crazy.

• N.drew
    N.drew

God did not "leave it there to taunt" anyone. It is a natural aspect of the life. Could God have not put the tree in the vicinity of getting it? I am sure that yes, there can be life without the possibility of everlasting life. But we wounldn't be we. We would be something else. To really be in the "image" of spiritual persons we need the tree. I am sure that it is God's will that we attain* it.

From my humble point of view it now belongs to Christ. You can go look for it if you want to, I quess.

* achieve , accomplish , reach , hit , fall upon , strike , come upon , light upon , chance upon , come across , chance on , happen upon , discover , make , arrive at , gain , arrive , bring home the bacon , come , come through , deliver the goods , find , get , regain , succeed , win

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I am sure that yes, there can be life without the possibility of everlasting life.

That is the only kind of life that has ever existed upon earth - the only kind of life that we have ever observed.

Everything that ever lived has either died in the past, or is now living within its normal life span and is destined to die in time.

This is the basic lie of the Jehovah's Witnesses - that physical things on earth can and will live forever.

Good lord - not even the Sun is going to "live" forever...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Spaggetti Heaven

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/8/5/1249484834498/Man-eating-spaghetti-001.jpg

...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit