The Two Forces

by N.drew 259 Replies latest watchtower bible

• N.drew
    N.drew

I think inserting common sense into a independent life form is much harder than fixing the sun if it get near it's cycle. Haha!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    My apologies james please carry on. I am not on the same plane as Ms Drew

I am doing my best. She has two threads like this going, and I am trying my best to respond to both.

but I aspire to get there eventually

I do not believe myself to be of the heavenly hope...

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I think inserting common sense into a independent life form is much harder than fixing the sun if it get near it's cycle. Haha!

This would cause a skeptic like myself to ask - if he wanted it to go on forever, why not make it that way in the first place? Why make it imperfect so that it would have to be fixed sometime in the future? Ha-HUM???

• N.drew
    N.drew

I don't know, why not go ask him?

I try to make their clicks more than nothing. Hmmm.

Poster was right I type what I think. Damn Canaan

Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside. But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it upon both their shoulders and walked backward and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were turned away, so that they did not see their father's nakedness. When Noah awoke from his wine, he knew what his youngest son had done to him. So he said, "Cursed be Canaan; A servant of servants He shall be to his brothers."

Some people are just too smart for their own good. That means snort*, in case you were wondering

*the sound some stupid laughs make, not snow.

Haha!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Poster was right I type what I think. Damn Canaan

Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father,

So, if Ham was the one that did it, why curse Canaan? Would that be the force of righteous (or of unrighteous)?

I don't know, why not go ask him?

For one thing, it was a thought question. For another, he never answered anything else I ever asked - I had to learn it in school like everybody else. I doubt that he would have explained it even to the legendary Moses, had he known to ask.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Why make the sun imperfect?

People have all kinds of fears. Some are rational. many aren't. Fear acts like a magnet. It is on topic (hey how did that happen?). Fear acting as a magnet means to be persisting in any kind of fear encourages the thing feared to happen more than discouraging the thing feared to not happen.* That's why we are to fear the True God because we want God to happen. I do.

The sun may have been created like it might go out to teach world that having is not the most important thing.

*I could draw them a diagram, but i don't know how to do it in this font.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Please vote

Should sentence be?

A feared to not happen

OR B feared not to happen

I vote B But I could be wrong.

• soft+gentle
  • cofty
    cofty

hahaha You can't get by without a "man drawer".

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Should sentence be?
    A feared to not happen
    OR B feared not to happen
    I vote B But I could be wrong.

I would have said "A" because "to not happen" is a prepositional phrase, and "to" is the preposition. The negative "not" applies to the verb "happen" so it should be just before it.

But then, we could both be wrong - maybe both forms are decent English, as both are understandable. That may apply to some other ideas on this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit