To all christians...

by wolfman85 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

Can anyone help? I am looking to find scriptures that show that this event continued after jesus death.

if this was the covenant between jesus and his chosen then could the fact that nowhere in the scriptures is it mentioned again mean that the number was sealed? Would Jehovah leave the church in darkness and not chose any other people until Russell brought this practise in to belief?

Anyone help with this one?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Here is my completely uninformed opinion: There is no reason why this is done annually, as the Witnesses do. You could go to an Anglican or Catholic Church on any Sunday, and take communion, as people have been doing for centuries. Problem solved.

• ixthis
    ixthis

truthseeker, if you wish to witness the way the early church administered Holy Communion then you should visit a local Orthodox Christian church and not waste your time with hockey pockie WT et al. - they might have a diocese name of either Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox or Antiochian Orthodox ... they are one and the same thing just might be in a different language. Best one to visit might be an Antiochian Orthodox church if you have one in the neighborhood.

Some additional points to make in response to some of the things I have read in this thread are:

a) The emphasis of celebration to true Christianity is not the death of Christ but the fact that He resurrected. This is the central theme of the Gospels and of the Traditional Church that was continued through the ages from the Apostles.

b) Jesus Christ is NOT a "spirit" for three reasons:

i. You can not say what God is when no one has seen God to know what He is ... We can only say what He is not. Why?

ii. The nature of God, the essence that is, NO ONE knows.

iii. Christ, the Word and Son, the Second Person of the Holy Trinity, is RESURRECTED which means that the nature of man, the body, was resurrected with Him. He does not exist in "eternity" (Heaven/Paradise etc) without a body. He is now and always will be in a material body that has been resurrected thus renewed.

c) We should partake of Holy Communion, not in bodgy back yard house ceremonies that have NO blessing from God, but in the Church that he established and left behind.

Look for the historical evidence for this church ... it exists to this very day and all that find it are the happiest and most joyful people you will meet.

Cheers,

• transhuman68
  • bioflex
    bioflex

@Truthseeker1969 : 1 Corinthians 11 : 23 - 34 (KJV)

For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. 34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Every christian is entitled to eat the communion, not just some elect few, though it should should be in an accepted manner.

• Chalam
  • cantleave
    cantleave

I love the Idea of Tortilla Chips being used ......Lars you made my day.

• watersprout
    watersprout

My family and I partake daily.... Sometimes together and sometimes seperately, it all depends on how we feel at that particular time... For me personally I prefer to partake on my own as I feel it's something very personal to me.... Sometimes I can take it twice a day if I take it on my own then with my family lol!

It's completely up to you on how and when you do it.

Peace

• Dagney
    Dagney

I love the Idea of Tortilla Chips being used ......Lars you made my day.

Lars, you made mine my day too! I will forever have that picture of chips and salsa in my heart when anyone mentions the memorial. Maybe a margarita too?

• heyfea
    heyfea

Imagine the Antichrist's army during the great tribulation, hunting for Christians, they enter into a KH on a Memorial day, they see people gathered to take communion, passing the wine and bread, but no one partakes, so the soldiers leave the KH thinking every one in there hates Jesus, just like the Antichrist. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit