To all christians...

by wolfman85 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• justmom
    justmom

Hello wolfman...

My husband and I and children partake at home also. Just as they did in the first century, in homes. We regularly do it the same way as aguest explains to stay in union with him daily. Boy we need him 24/7.

Being raised in the WTBS we know how they view partaking at all, especially if one tries to do it on their own apart from the org. But they did not die for us. They are not our mediator, savior, priest, resurrection, eternalfather, door, shephard, leader, brother, even more. So you can go figure who I must listen to.

justmom

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Chalam, I read your thread from last year and it is very interesting. Thans to you and all the others that have comented on this thread. I grew up as a JW and is not easy to make up our thoughts even when we know that we must. I'll partake with my wife without doubts.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I'll partake with my wife without doubts.

WHOOO-HOOO! dear Wolfman (and Mrs. Wolfman - peace to you both!)! May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH (Psalm 68:4) of Armies, and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, the HOLY One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH... be upon you... and your entire household... to time indefinite!

KISS THE SON, you people!

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• watersprout
    watersprout
    I'll partake with my wife without doubts.

Yeah!!!! Peace to you and Mrs Wolf *Dances about*

Boy we need him 24/7.

Justmom that is soo true! We need the Master more than we realise.

Peace

• irondork
    irondork

This thread has been very helpful. Thanks Wolfman, AGuest, others...

ixthis: The emphasis of celebration to true Christianity is not the death of Christ but the fact that He resurrected. This is the central theme of the Gospels and of the Traditional Church that was continued through the ages from the Apostles.

Celebrating the resurrection may be the central thrust of true (most of)Christianity, and the bible does mention the resurrection several times, but the theme of the last supper - the wine representing the blood, bread representing the body - was about the sacrifice. When Christ returned to heaven, He presented the value of His sacrifce before God, not the value of a resurrection .

Just my thoughts.

Didn't really care for the corn chip idea.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Didn't really care for the corn chip idea

It was funny, though. (Lars, you imp!)

You can get simple unleavened 'Passover' bread or flatbread recipes on the 'net - ones that don't result in breaking your teeth!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Any bread/cracker without yeast (leaven) will do, dear ones (peace to you all!). We use plain "water" crackers. Some use grape juice (new/unfermented wine); we use "kosher" (Mogen David/Manichewitz) for no reason other than habit (and I can't handle the "sweet" of many grape juices. There are unsweetened, of course, as well as "natural" and "100%", but habits are hard to break, so...).

That said, it doesn't matter: use whatever and water, if you have to. The issue is not WHAT you use... so much as you "discern" what it represents: the flesh and blood of Christ (the "leaves" of the "Tree" of Life; "living water"/holy spirit/the blood of God through Christ... which is for your "curing"... and the granting of life (for your SPIRIT)). That's what's important.

How "often" depends on how often you wish to come into/be in union with Christ (i.e., "communion"): daily, monthly, yearly... it's up to you.

I hope this helps and, again, peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• ~Question With Boldness~
    ~Question With Boldness~

My church does it for those who wish to participate, I don't know if I want to do it in my home YET, only because I'm still working out the bugs in that regard... And I don't want to do it with an attitude of fear.... Maybe in a few years

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

QWB, I know that fear feeling. I know how you feel. I have experienced that feeling of fear for many years, but I prayed a lot about it and listened to the words of Jesus in John 6:48-58, rather than accept the interpretation of a group of men in Brooklyn. May God help you. Blessings.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Just reading this-I think it will help in regardings to "the Memorial" :)

Colossians 2:16-23

English Standard Version (ESV)

Let No One Disqualify You
    16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. 17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. 18 Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, 19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God.

20 If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations— 21 “Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch” 22 (referring to things that all perish as they are used)—according to human precepts and teachings? 23 These have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting self-made religion and asceticism and severity to the body, but they are of no value in stopping the indulgence of the flesh.

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit