To all christians...

by wolfman85 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

...Should we celebrate the memorial in our homes? Will you do it? and if yes, how would you do it? Any ideas ?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I would do it in my home if there was another member of the body of the Christ with me. I do not plan to do it.

I understand the important aspect of the pattern is spirituality. By eating and drinking HIM we can't help but be LIKE him. But he is a spirit, so to me the emblems are not necessary to ingest for me to be acceptable to him because they are illustrative and not the real thing.

Google says it well here:

consume , take in , take , have , absorb , assimilate , acquire , larn , learn

I hope to be right that it is possible to do without partaking of real bread and wine.

God bless you!

I believe it is a very personal decision, if someone else thinks they must, I certainly agree they must. So I shall ask that you all respect my right to refrain, if I choose to. Thank you.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Yes, as the Spirit leads you :)

You are not under the Law or the laws of mortal men.

Just don't call it "the memorial" ;)

Blessings,

Stephen

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I'm sorry, I should say the commemoration of Christ's death. My English isn't very good. Thank you both for your opinion. I'll appreciate more participation on this thread.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Just as Israel did in order to keep their physical flesh alive while in the physical wilderness of Sinai, dear Wolfman (peace to you!), my family and I, and certain other Body members that I know... partake of the "leaves" of the Tree of Life... daily. Individually and/or as a group. Depends on who's present. We do this because, for us, HE is our daily "bread." For us, every time we do so eat we are "declaring his death"... as well as "remain[ing] in union" with him... until he returns. As he said, apart from him... we can do nothing.

Earthling man does not live [eternally] by [physical] bread... but by the Word that came forth from God. Christ is that Word... the "bread from heaven." Thus, it is our SPIRITS that we are sustaining... and keeping "alive"... when we eat... in OBEDIENCE to his command ("KEEP doing this in remembrance of me")... and symbolization of that obedience ("He that LOVES me will obey my commands... and the Father and I will come and make our abode WITH such one"... "He that is faithful in what is LEAST... is faithful in MUCH"). Since it such a SMALL thing to ask... and do... versus being pierced and hung on a torture pole... we don't mind.

When we meet with others, we share a meal... after which we share the flesh and blood of Christ among us. As Christ said, "Where the carcass (dead body) is... there the flesh-eating (his) flying things (of spirit) will gather."

We do both, daily and when others are with us... in our respective homes. As my Lord did (in the home of a friend)... and his disciples later did.

I hope this helps and, again, I bid you peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

P.S. We also often wash one another's feet (the home host as to the guests) after the meal... in obedience to my Lord's words: “Do YOU know what I have done to YOU ? Y OU address me, ‘Teacher,’ and, ‘Lord,’ and YOU speak rightly, for I am such. Therefore, if I, although Lord and Teacher, washed YOUR feet, YOU also ought to wash the feet of one another. For I set the pattern for YOU, that, just as I did to YOU, YOU should do also. Most truly I say to YOU , A slave is not greater than his master, nor is one that is sent forth greater than the one that sent him. If YOU know these things, happy YOU are if YOU do them."

We realize that many excuse this "commandment" away; however, we have learned, again, that he that is faithful in what is least... if faithful in much. SInce Christ DID it... and told those present to DO it... we do it, too. Many have an aversion... including not wanting to touch others' feet. Christ, however, not only touched others' feet... but even diseased feet. Without flinching. Because of his pity, love, and compassion. Whatever his FLESH felt about it... his SPIRIT took over... and love prevailed. The flesh... clean or diseased... is of no use at all. And... it is a truly humbling experience to wash the feet of others... even others who have treated you poorly, judged you wrongly, even thought evil as to you. For example, the feet of Judas... which my Lord washed. Even though he knew that one was going to betrary him, he STILL made himself the servant.

I hope this helps and... again... peace to you!

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

AG, thanks for take the time to post on this thread. I never has partaked before, but I believe that a true christian should partake as a symbol that one is part of the "body of Christ", even a small part of "His body". Of course, we do have to act as a true Chritian should do.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

For those of the elect who pay attention to chronology, regardless of when you think Jerusalem fell, either in 607, 587 or 529 BCE, you should have stopped partaking at the related passovers either in 1914-1915, 1934-1935 or 1992-1993.

It is meaningless to partake to memorialize Christ's death and absence after he has returned. Those still partaking are not recognizing his return.

LS

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

leavened bread

This bread looks good, but it sure isn't UNLEAVENED bread. This bread has leaven. A quick and easy unleavened bread would be a tortilla chip.

tortilla chip / unleavened bread

This is a good topic though.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I believe that a true christian should partake as a symbol that one is part of the "body of Christ", even a small part of "His body".

A couple/few verses that might help you "see" who should partake, dear Wolf (again, peace to you!):

John 6:48-58 -

I am the bread of life. Y OUR forefathers ate the manna in the wilderness and yet died. This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that anyone may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven; if anyone eats of this bread he will live forever; and, for a fact, the bread that I shall give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.”

Therefore the Jews began contending with one another, saying: “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” Accordingly [Jesus] said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU , Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. It is not as when YOUR forefathers ate and yet died. He that feeds on this bread will live forever.”

John 15:1-7 -

I am the true vine, and my Father is the cultivator. Every branch in me not bearing fruit he takes away, and every one bearing fruit he cleans, that it may bear more fruit. Y OU are already clean because of the word that I have spoken to YOU . Remain in union with me, and I in union with YOU. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remains in the vine, in the same way neither can YOU , unless YOU remain in union with me. I am the vine, YOU are the branches. He that remains in union with me, and I in union with him, this one bears much fruit; because apart from me YOU can do nothing at all. If anyone does not remain in union with me, he is cast out as a branch and is dried up; and men gather those branches up and pitch them into the fire and they are burned. If YOU remain in union with me and my sayings remain in YOU , ask whatever YOU wish and it will take place for YOU."

1 Corinthians 10:1-4 -

"Now I do not want YOU to be ignorant, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea and all got baptized into Moses by means of the cloud and of the sea; and all ate the same spiritual food and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they used to drink from the spiritual rock-mass that followed them, and that rock-mass meant the Christ. Nevertheless, on most of them God did not express his approval, for they were laid low in the wilderness."

Numbers 11:4-6 -

" And the mixed crowd that was in the midst of them expressed selfish longing, and the sons of Israel too began to weep againand say: “Who will give us meat to eat? How we remember the fish that we used to eat in Egypt for nothing, the cucumbers and the watermelons and the leeks and the onions and the garlic! But now our soul is dried away. Our eyes are on nothing at all except the manna.”

John 10:16 -

" And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd."

Revelation 7:9, 10, 14-17 -

" After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. That is why they are before the throne of God; and they are rendering him sacred service day and night in his temple; and the One seated on the throne will spread his tent over them. They will hunger no more nor thirst anymore, neither will the sun beat down upon them nor any scorching heat, because the Lamb, who is in the midst of the throne, will shepherd them, and will guide them to fountains of waters of life."

Revelation 5:9, 10 -

" And when he took the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, having each one a harp and golden bowls that were full of incense, and the [incense] means the prayers of the holy ones. And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, because you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought persons for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings upon the earth.”

I hope this helps... and, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Hi, L58. Thanks for your post, but I don't think Christ has returned yet. He will return soon. I could be wrong, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit