Active JW understands flaws in WTS doctrine but believes in the Bible

by flamegrilled 238 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

N.drew - I think you are basically on target, but we have to be fair and say that there is no official single line. Yes, JWs make a big thing of the earthly paradise, but I think that's just because it's a distinction from what many other religions believe so it tends to come to the fore in discussion. I don't see why location is very important personally.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I do. I'm green.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

yknot - With respect, I'd really prefer open discussion to guessing what you're thinking. When you say "NOPE that aint it" you make it sound like there is a word for word right answer which I've failed to identify. But there isn't.

Are you able to satisfy my curiosity as to why you'd be on FS? No problem if you don't want to.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

This is a very good question flamgrilled and sure to be an insightful thread. I really would like to read this through and address some things, but I can't right now. So, I am marking for later.

Nice to see you Sab and N. Drew,

My love to all,

Carmen

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

I do. I'm green.

Do you mean that if you were given everlasting life that the location would be important to you? I'm not sure if that's what you meant. If so, that's okay. It's just not important to me.

• N.drew
    N.drew

The location is important to me. It is the second most important thing to me, but I reserve the right to change my mind.

• yknot
    yknot

Very good! Flame.....

THat is the 'right' course....!!!!!

The WTS put it plainly once like this :

*** w81 5/1 p. 17 par. 3 If God Has an Organization, What Is It? ***

3 Let the honest-hearted person compare the kind of preaching of the gospel of the Kingdom done by the religious systems of Christendom during all the centuries with that done by Jehovah's Witnesses since the end of World War I in 1918. They are not one and the same kind. That of Jehovah's Witnesses is really "gospel," or "good news," as of God's heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of his Son Jesus Christ at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914. (Luke 21:24)

Now since you are a 'spiritual' person (I am far more theocratic then spiritual) and I appreciate when I meet people who don't see things as 'stark' as I do!........ Can you draw me a comparison between 'our message' of 1914 enthronement versus Galatians 1:6-9 (nwt)

(Galatians 1:6-9) 6 I marvel that YOU are being so quickly removed from the One who called YOU with Christ's undeserved kindness over to another sort of good news.

7 But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ.

8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed.

9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed.

Is the 'good news' spoken here suppose to be understood by then contemporary listeners as 1914's enthronment some 1000+ years in their future to our more modern day?

How and when was this revealed to the WTS?

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

yknot - the way I see that is that it IS good news about the Christ, but with additional details about how everything becomes fulfilled through him. I don't see it as being "another sort of good news". But I understand that you might choose to see it differently. I guess you are reading "something beyond what YOU accepted" to mean that there would never be any additional knowledge on the matter. If so, fair enough. I can see the logic of that.

Regarding how and when - it's clearly speculation built up on some adventist theories in the 19th century. IMO whether it's right or wrong doesn't change God's fundamental purpose to have Christ rule as king until all enemies are put under his feet and all things are reconciled to Him.

I remain confused about your FS. Please just put me out of my misery and say that you don't want to tell me if that's the case and I will stop going on about it. Thanks.

• elderelite
    elderelite

FG, why are u so imterested in yknots fs activity...? I am and elder, as is make room for George, and many others who are still "active" in doffernt ways...

Why does yknot being in fs supprise you?

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

Sorry - not being nosey - I am new here. But it might help me understand the point being made if I could understand how someone could be active while in no way believing the message. It's just left me a little confused is all. I hope you can understand why.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit