Active JW understands flaws in WTS doctrine but believes in the Bible

by flamegrilled 238 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

How would a JW react in the field ministry if someone said they were not permitted to read their literature? They would tell that person to cry victim and convince them to get the hell out of dodge. All the while participating and enforcing a system of information control that Hilter would be proud of. *shudder*

-Sab

• N.drew
    N.drew

'

• N.drew
    N.drew

My edit doesn't work that is what the ' is for. I forgot it's let's not lets.

• sabastious
    sabastious

This forum often gets a cold.

-Sab

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Matthew 24:4 and Matthew 24:5 each have the verb "mislead" but in two different forms of it. He is telling them many will come and they will mislead many, do not be like them who mislead others. It's obvious that is what he said, isn't it?

Not the way many Bibles set it out, dear N.Drew (peace to you!), but a look at the order of the words in the Greek, it very well could. Both are of benefit, not to mislead OR be misled. It shouldn't be hard to tell when either is being done, however... because the word that literally translates to "deceive"... means:

1)to cause to stray, to lead astray, lead aside from the right way a) to go astray, wander, roam about 2) metaph. a) to lead away from the truth, to lead into error, to deceive b) to be led into error c) to be led aside from the path of virtue, to go astray, sin d) to sever or fall away from the truth 1) of heretics e) to be led away into error and sin

Christ, was speaking about those who would BE misled... or, per this information... mislead others (please know, I accept both!)... AWAY from him and thus, away from God. As he showed, though, sometimes speaking the truth can cause people... many people, at times... to stumble... which can result in them leading THEMSELVES away (versus, being "misled"). Indeed, HE (the very "stone" that causes stumbling!) and HIS words, caused MANY to stumble. However, he NEVER misled any of them. Such ones are "uprooted" (stumbled permanently, not temporarily, so as to be OUT by God's hand... versus misled by another/others)... because they were never planted by God in the first place. Christ's words... which they could not receive... only revealed that truth... and did so when they resulted in them leaving him.

One thing I am compelled to say here, though, is that those who belong to Christ can be misled... by those whose consciences are weak, whose ability to receive truth is hampered by their need to have their ears "tickled." We, though, must "speak truth with one another." Sometimes, that truth is hard to hear... as perhaps it was for Peter when Paul pointed out... in front of others... that one's hypocrisy. Even so, love should prevail. Whether others hear us or not... receive from us or not... or accept what we have to say... or not... love... should prevail. Otherwise, we show that we are not "planted" by God... and so easily "uprooted" by others words.

Again, I bid you peace!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes I think I understand what you are saying.

• smiddy
    smiddy

flamegrilled

,sometimes posters get sidetracked and go off on a tangent,hang in here I`m sure your questions will be adequately answered to your satisfaction in time ( no I dont mean wait on Jehovah)

Welcome to the board

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome Flamegrilled,

I thought about this same question long and hard, and prayed, on my knees, about it. I have come to the conclusion that all organised religion , above say "House Church" level , (and even there lies danger) is in existence because men invented it, and for the benefit of men, women don't get much of a look in really.

God, it seems to me, does not have an organised religion, men do.

Several of the groups mentioned by other posters fit your criteria, plus the Christadelphians, who are very similar to the JW.s in most areas of doctrine.

But to join any such group is to go out of the frying pan and ........

There is no hurry, why not pray about it, take plenty of time to research on here and elsewhere on the Net etc into all that you believe at present, as JW's we never had the chance to do that. read everything with an open mind, not with WT goggles on, especially the Bible.

Look at alternative points of view that you would not have considered before, they may be false, but at least you will have proved that for yourself.

Atheists, Evolutionists, our Homosexua friendsl , all are capable of speaking truth and wisdom, many speak rubbish, true, as do all members of society, but keep your mind and heart open. Whatever the source, if it is truth and wisdom, accept it.

You have taken a large step on the road to freedom of mind and heart by joining here, and by looking for answers, do not throw that chance away by closing down your mind and heart as you become entrapped in another man made system of thought.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

Thanks for the welcomes.

I understand the arguments against the "organizational mindset". It's funny that reading Russell's early stuff he wasn't really up for it either. I see some strong parallels between George Orwell's "Animal Farm" and the full cycle that we have come to get where we are as JW's. (I hope some of you are familiar with Animal Farm and understand what I am talking about)

I can certainly reconcile the "love among yourselves" as not requiring organization if I can make the other two work.

Phizzy - I imagine given a couple of your comments that you don't (fully) accept the writings of Paul. Is that correct or am I misunderstanding?

At this time I do accept the whole of the NT and am not prepared to let that framework go. So I feel there ought to be meaning to Heb 13:7,17 above and beyond "House Church" level. But I will concede that Heb 10:24,25 could work based on smaller groups provided one found a group that meets the Christian standards.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Welcome Flamegrilled, but please be careful not to just jump from one cult into another one please, there's plenty willing and eager to pump you full of their own fundie crap to make you join their cult asap (yes even here on this forum).

Take yer time, breath, do a LOT of reading and above all THINK for yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit