wasblind

Wow !!!!!!! Hello there YKNOT !!!!!!!

You've been missed :))

• elderelite
    elderelite

A yknot sighting! A good day indeed ;-)

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

yknot - not to be pedantic but I would have to know whether the dying person had any foundation in scripture.I don't want to sidestep the question so I'll just suppose a not uncommon scenario if that's okay. Dying person is non-practicing Catholic that believes in God but has no real clue what happens after death. So ...

The good news is that this life is not all there is. There is no fear of eternal torment. The Bible promises a resurrection and the possibilty of a renewed relationship with God on the basis of Christ's sacrifice.

Someone else might do it different. I guess some would go on about paradise and where it is etc, but I don't think that's very important to a dying person, and there would be no point trying to convert him to some line of thinking as he's dying.

Anyway I know that not everyone is going to agree with the theology, but that's really another issue. I'd prefer not to send the thread off topic by getting into that. If you believe the message should be something different then I respect that, but that's not really what I'm trying to discuss.

wasblind - I guess a little bit of ditto the above. You are right that we should preach the good news about Jesus. No arguments from me there. But that does not exclude the possibility of preaching about other aspects of God's word and promises provided we are clear that all those become yes only by means of Jesus as the Amen. Do JW's do that sufficiently? Probably not. But again IMHO the fact that they do it at all is still an improvement over Christians who never make an effort. That's the way I currently see it anyway.

ziddina - I respect your view. That's an interesting passage to get put off by if I might say. I can think of others that on the face of it are way worse than that. I'm still working on some of those. Anyway I'm a long way from being an atheist for many reasons, but that again would send things off-topic.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dear YKNOT!!! Greetings, girl, peace to you, where you been... and yes, come back and tell us all about it when and as soon as you can! In the meantime, take care... and may JAH bless!

Dear N.Drew (again, peace to you, love!)... I DO understand (love)... and of course you can call me "honey"! I LOVE terms of endearment!

Dear Twitch... peace to you!... and besides what I have heard from my Lord and observed myself... given their often superior physical abilities... why not?

Peace to you, all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• yknot
    yknot

Flamegrilled....

Remove the 'story' of the dying person......

What in a sentence or two what is our 'truth' our 'kingdom message' that we are preaching........no huge scriptural interpretation citing is needed just plain English...... (as most of us are current or former JWs)

The 'truth' or 'gospel' or 'good news' of the JWs is : ________________________________________

Huggles

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Dear Twitch... peace to you!... and besides what I have heard from my Lord and observed myself... given their often superior physical abilities... why not?

Hey, if it makes sense to you, sure, go with it.

Thanks for the reply.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "What in a sentence or two what is our 'truth' our 'kingdom message' that we are preaching........no huge scriptural interpretation citing is needed just plain English...... (as most of us are current or former JWs)
    The 'truth' or 'gospel' or 'good news' of the JWs is : ________________________________________ ..."

Hah! Lemme try! Lemme try!!!

The 'truth' or 'gospel' or 'good news' of the JWs is: OBEY the GOVERNING BODY because only THEY are the TRUE MEDIATORS between "Jehovah" and man...!!!

Did I dood good???

• N.drew
    N.drew

yknot it is a very good question.

I understand the good news differently than when I was in.

If I was a Jehovah's Witness (the religion) what would I say?

Earth can be a paradise. It is obvious by that statement that I was a figurative black sheep. Because I have observed that a loyal JW would not say "can" but would say "will".

I understand the good news the JW tell is -

EARTH WILL BE A PARADISE, YOU CAN BE THERE TOO.

If there is anyone on forum telling the good news as a JW, I wonder if that is on target or off target?

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

yknot - I only went with the dying person as that was the scenario you gave me. And the message does depend to an extent on the recipient. ( No point preaching anything to an atheist unless you can first convince them that it's reasonable to believe in a God - right?)

Nevertheless if you're looking for a generic synopsis then I'll go with "The good news of JWs is the restoration of all things to God by means of his Son's kingdom rule."

But I'm not sure what your angle is. I get the sense you are trying to get me to answer something official that can be shot down. It's not really why I'm here, and I don't mind if someone disagrees with my attempt to summarize it.

I'm compelled to ask why you were in FS yesterday if you feel that you don't have a message worthy of taking to people? To be fair you haven't said exactly that, but that's the vibe I'm getting.

• yknot
    yknot

Well I really want Flamegrilled to think, reflect and/or search the WTs first before I discuss it further.....

But........NOPE that aint it!

That is a selling point!

When I was a lil girl being trained up theocratically it was paramount to be able to articulate our 'truth' but as 1983 rolled around the 'great dumbing down' occured thanks to Jaracz.......researched material was replaced with past WT comments as proofs and the whole 'follow without question' became the norm.....the 'spiritual' base increased and those of us theocratically trained diminished or called BS and walked........now as Jaracz final parting gift we have 'dumbing down part deux' where adults give comments like I did when I was 5 yrs old.....sad sad sad, weak weak weak leadership........the 'emporers' new clothings would be better if the mormonization committee had commssioned mormon-esque underwear!

Can anyone tell it wasn't a 'happifying' day of FS for me yesterday?.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit