• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

the extract above is from Livy - hope it makes you all laugh as it made me

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes. LOL!

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey
    Why is it that there are some people who have tried but can't believe?
    I think the reason is that they have caused someone else to wander away from believing.

Something to think about, definitely.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Proverbs 9:10

Darby Bible Translation
    The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom; and the knowledge of the Holy is intelligence.

American Standard Version
    The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom; And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

World English Bible
    The fear of Yahweh is the beginning of wisdom. The knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Young's Literal Translation
    The commencement of wisdom is the fear of Jehovah, And a knowledge of the Holy Ones is understanding.

I have repeated Proverbs 9:10 four ways to show that the WTBTS is not exclusively for The Name.

The lesson to be learned (imho) is to fear The True God exclusively. That is what the "mark" is as written at Ezekiel 8:4 The fear of YaHWeH. To be fearing NOTHING ELSE but The Lord. Because sharing fear of the Lord with anything else is IDOLATRY and perverse.

Do not Jehovah's Witnesses teach fear of Judgement? One can not worship YaHWeH with judgement. Ask the logic professor.

Don't talk my word for it. (is that funny?)

• N.drew
    N.drew

Spelling bad. It is take. Haha

• N.drew
    N.drew

No. He who will save his soul will lose it. Oh. That means you can't fear (I forget how to spell God every time).

That means you can't fear God and death. Choose.

How to be saved without wanting to?

I don't know but it sure is funny.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Amen and Hallelujah! Those with God's Spirit know that they cannot die, so of course they do not fear it.

Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life,

1 John 5:1, 6, 11-13

But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Romans 8:11

• iKnow
    iKnow

Hi Flamegrilled,

I have followed your comments with great interest.

I would recommend you read this article by someone you may

have come across already. It kind of answers your question of

which group to join in a scriptual way that I think you will greatly

appreciate!

Here is the link: http://kristenfrihet.se/english/truechrist.htm

• besty
    besty

bttt

@flamegrilled - have you a moment to give us an update on your OP?

thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit