Active JW understands flaws in WTS doctrine but believes in the Bible

by flamegrilled 238 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

As for Hebrews 10:25 I suggest that you read the scripture and pray for understanding. Let go of any pre-conceived ideas of what the scripture means. I personally disagree with both you and N. Drew.

I would also like to point out that Job, Moses, and Paul were not parts of an organization. Neither was Cornelius or the Ethiopian. Phillip led him to Christ in a very short time and then was whisked away. He didn't need more teaching.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

elderelite - "all manner of information"? I haven't asked a single thing except why one person who appeared to be completely opposed to JW teaching would be on FS previous day. I still hold that it was a reasonable question, and once the answer was given I stopped asking.

I don't want to argue about the evident contradiction in the remainer of your post. If you would be so kind then I won't judge you, and I'd expect the same in return.

I've been honest. My motivation for being here is not to make friends (sorry). It's also not to be an apologist for JWs or to trash anyones point of view. I think that must all be obvious from my responses. I am here to explore some interesting views in relation to the honest question posted at the outset. I hope that's sufficient criteria for joining the board and having the discussion. If not then that's no problem. If it's necessary to share a personal history in order to be here then I'd just prefer not. I can respectfully take my leave.

Either way it hasn't been a waste of time. Some interesting ideas have been expressed by a number of posters, so I appreciate that.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

ShadesofGrey - "First, one must go to Christ. Then Christ will lead you to the group of people he wants you with. "

That sounds great. I like the idea of it. My hesitance in believing that it is entirely true is due to the pattern set by the early Christians. Are there any examples of converts who established a relationship with Christ in isolation and then he led them to a group? I can't think of any. The gospel was preached and then as people learned the truth about Christ they joined themselves to the church that taught them. (Paul was obviously a special case, but then the Lord approached him, not the other way around).

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Right off the top of my head: Acts chapter 9 and chapter 10

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

ShadesofGrey - who are you refering to in those chapers - Cornelius? Or someone else?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Rotfl!!!!! Poor guy.... Life aint that hard that you need to be so defensive. Im nobody. Im not an administrator. I dont make decisions for anyone here. I dont decide who can post or participate on any level.

I just wanted you to be on record as a warning to anyone here who had illusions as to who you are. You clear lack of answers and totall avoidance speak volumes. Thank you :-)

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

ee - glad to give you a good laugh. Anyway, moving on ...

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Open your Bible flamegrilled and read Acts chapter 9. Was this person appointed by the apostles? What did he do in what order? When did he meet with an organization or gain approval from "the governing body" of the time?

I would like answers.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey
    That sounds great. I like the idea of it. My hesitance in believing that it is entirely true is due to the pattern set by the early Christians. Are there any examples of converts who established a relationship with Christ in isolation and then he led them to a group? I can't think of any. The gospel was preached and then as people learned the truth about Christ

Where can we learn the truth about Christ today? How did I learn the gospel and come to Christ?

• wobble
    wobble

In your O.P you said " JW's direct attention to God, Jesus and the Kingdom"

In my experience JW's simply direct people to the Watchtower organization. They do not have a clear scriptural grasp of what the Kingdom is, so they can hardly "direct" to it.

Take away their WT publications and leave them with only the Bible and 99.9% of JW's could not give any kind of "witness", apart from a witness to the fact that they are slaves of a publishing corproration, not slaves of Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit