Active JW understands flaws in WTS doctrine but believes in the Bible

by flamegrilled 238 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

Perhaps this is a common topic for newbies on the site, but I have browsed for a while and not seen this exactly answered.

As an active JW who understands the flaws in WTS doctrine, but believes in the Bible, how do I identify a form of worship that meets all the criterea:

1) By this all will know you are my disciples if you have love among yourselves (John 13:35). Sure I know that not all JWs do this, and that people from other religions or non-religious people do this also, but as an official doctrine JWs will NOT kill one another in war, and in general there is a genuine effort to exercise "agape" love not widely found in the world at large.

2) Preach the good news. Sure I know other religions try to an extent, but JWs are known for their preaching. One might disagree with the details of the message but I don't want to get into that here. They do certainly direct attention to God, Jesus and the kingdom.

3) Gather together in worship. I include this one since I understand the arguments put forth in Ray Franz's book, but the NT really seems to be clear that some level of organized worship is required "and even more so as you behold the day drawing near".

I think that's it for now.

I understand some may feel that none of the above are required, but I am not particularly looking for responses on those lines since I am at least convinced about the existence of God and the validity of the scriptures.

This is not an apologist post. I would be genuinely interested to find another form of worship that matches the fundamentals that seem to be required for Christianity as defined in God's Word.

FG

• N.drew
    N.drew

Agape love is unconditional.

When I stopped attending meetings, but I am not dis-fellowshipped, my "friends" left me of their own accord. The only way I understand it is they believe their own spiritual welfare is more important than our friendship. They concluded all by their selves that I must be bad because I no longer obey the command to gather together. How is that loving me?

• N.drew
    N.drew

They are not the only ones who preach Christ has risen. There are some people on this very board that preach the Good News which is; Christ is our helper, isn't that it?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Are we not gathered here on JWN to search for understanding, companionship, and truth?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    1) By this all will know you are my disciples if you have love among yourselves (John 13:35). Sure I know that not all JWs do this, and that people from other religions or non-religious people do this also, but as an official doctrine JWs will NOT kill one another in war, and in general there is a genuine effort to exercise "agape" love not widely found in the world at large.

Let me explain because it truly is a riddle that the Watchtower has created here. See the reason Jesus said that was to disband the groups not create one super group with one human leader; otherwise he would have just put on a crown then and started ruling on earth. He knew that the Kingdom of God doesn't work in groups because everyone there transcended groups. Collaboration, yes, groups no. That was his message that the church distorted for their own purposes.

So, what do you get 2,000 years in the future? People claiming that their love can be quantified and demonstrated to be greater than their neighbors. It is an epic point missing and people who live by it, I believe, will just disperse when they die instead of move on.

Luke 9 - Jesus Predicts His Death a Second Time

While everyone was marveling at all that Jesus did, he said to his disciples, 44 “Listen carefully to what I am about to tell you: The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men.” 45 But they did not understand what this meant. It was hidden from them, so that they did not grasp it, and they were afraid to ask him about it.

46 An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest. 47 Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him. 48 Then he said to them, “Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For it is the one who is least among you all who is the greatest.”

49 “Master,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us.”

50 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said, “for whoever is not against you is for you.”

^ See the followers of Jesus had the infection of the lust for power even in the beginning. People who have that lust will see a statement like Jesus made in John 13 and USE it to create power and rape the original message in the process.

-Sab

• N.drew
    N.drew

Welcome flamegrilled!

The religion isn't all bad. They though must stop lying and being sneaky in the name of God. Don't you htink so?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hello Flamegrilled! I don't have a lot to offer right now, but I just wanted to say Welcome, and that I am glad to hear that you have opened your mind and heart towards finding real truth, rather than the other "Truth" that JW's teach. I am glad that you have read CofC by Ray Franz, it is a real eye opener for those who may have doubts or questions about the Watchtower.

I wish you the best in your quest for knowledge!!!

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome Flamegrilled.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I don't go to Any Church anymore and Yada Yada Yada....

But all the things I learned from the Bible did have an influence in who I became.....

Vaules... Morals... Love...

If God exisits..... He gave Mankind what they would need to Know Him.....

So I don't think finding the "Perfect" Church is a Qualification

I think it would be the 1 you feel most comfortable expressing your Love for God.........

(Coming from someone who has no love for God LOL!!!)

• elderelite
    elderelite

Welcome to the board!

You ask a good question, and ill comment, at least as i see it....

Jesus said love among yourselves.... Fair enough. But the midset as a witness is condtioned that "among yourselves" means jw's. Theres the flaw. He was speaking his disciples, as he planly concluded. Its a jw mindse that all scripture was written for jw's only... But thats the flaw. It was written to any who would follow him and be his diciple. It didnt require an "organization" to have an official policy of not going to war. It was a mark anyone who was a follower could have.... Free yourself of the organization mindset ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit