Active JW understands flaws in WTS doctrine but believes in the Bible

by flamegrilled 238 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

For pete's sake at the same time?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ummmm... did I do/post something "wrong," dear Sab (peace to you, dear one!). Not sure if I stepped over some line... "butted" someone's "head"... or if you're even referring to my post (which you may not be)... or...??? I'm a bit tired and punchy, so...

Peace!

Your servant and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• elderelite
    elderelite

Flame, look at it this way....

U asked who besides jw were fufilling the command to love one another....

You looking for a "group" or an organization to fill that. Why....? Why cant that have been a dorection to individuals...? Its an identifying mark of people not groups. Thats why i say organizational mindset.

But consider too.... The quakers have the same injunction against fighting in wars as a group. So do seven day adventists... The jw's are certainly not the only group do oppose war and refuse to fight in such...

Have u considered those groups....? They measure up to that standard of "love among themselves" as well as the jw's by your definision....

• N.drew
    N.drew

Matthew 24:4 and Matthew 24:5 each have the verb "mislead" but in two different forms of it. He is telling them many will come and they will mislead many, do not be like them who mislead others.

It's obvious that is what he said, isn't it?

Why would he say look out that nobody misleads you? Can you not see that is the problem, that some people hold fear that they will be misled? Fear is world, Jesus is no part of the world.

http://biblos.com/matthew/24-4.htm

• N.drew
    N.drew

I do not know what this means -

For pete's sake at the same time?

• sabastious
    sabastious

Shelby my last post was me laughing that I posted a question to N Drew that you answered and we were typing at the same time.

I have been following this post and I stopped to go to Shopko and get my son a new toy and the whole family went. It took a good amount of time. Then when I got home I sat down read a few threads then popped in here, read N Drew's post about misled vs misleading and asked her the question while at the exact time you were finishing up a huge response that answered my question. The "pete's sake" comment was in jest.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Then it just happened again with me and N Drew. She was asking a question that I answered both at 2012-01-04 04:41

-Sab

• AGuest
    AGuest

Got it, dear Sab! Peace to you!

Your servant and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Why would he say look out that nobody misleads you? Can you not see that is the problem, that some people hold fear that they will be misled? Fear is world, Jesus is no part of the world.

Yes, I see, it's a contradiction. One along the same lines as the Watchtower's instruction to "not heed the teachings of false teachers." How do you know they are false if you do not consider their information? I never understood the whole "never read the letter" approach, it's so unconducive to growth and progress.

-Sab

• N.drew
    N.drew

That is good.

The scientists on board like to talk about dictonomy.

Lets see if I understand the concept.

They teach that Matthew 24:4 says "look out that nobody misleads you" AND

They teach that Roman 8:39 says "NOTHING can separate us (mislead, or stumble) from God's love".

How can they BOTH be believed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit