Evil Spirits

by LizLA 294 Replies latest jw experiences

• tec
    tec

Does that include the psychologically harmful delusion that there are 2 wicked "spirits" tormenting LizLA?

No.

Especially not over the internet.

Peace,

Tammy

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Giving evil spirits any credence is worshipping them. Christ is the victor. Let Christ take care of any spirits. Psychiatrists don't believe in evil spirits. Evil, perhaps. You are focusing your attention on these "spirits" rather than "Christ." Just what a literal Satan would want from you. Christ died. Christ was buried. Christ rose. Christ will come again. Christ protects you. Mental illness is present.

I can't imagine it is pleasant hearing to see a shrink but medication works wonders on apparitions. They are only projectiions your brain's chemicals are producing. I notice you will not consider how even to get a consultation. Christ, working through an md, will help you.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I see this thread is still going. I think Liza should reach out for help, and we shouldn't be encouraging the delusion. Look---if you believe in the spirit world fine---but honestly, you don't know this person and she needs help. So go with Tec---she's a believer yet she still recommends getting help.

NC

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Giving evil spirits any credence is worshipping them.

I must say, for once, that I actually agree with BOTR. Giving this crap any power over you whatsoever opens the door to evil. Evil has no power over you that you do not give permission to have over you. I know superstitious people, and they are filled with anxiety and fear.

Oh yeah, and there is psychoactive help for worshippers:

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You can, if everything IS energy, in some form or another. Is that not a scientific theory? (that everything is energy)

Yes, matter and energy being different forms of the same thing is a theory that holds up under testing, is falsifiable and has predictive powers.

Yes, you CAN assert that spirits are energy, but you need to describe some properties of the energy. For example, there is thermal energy, kinetic energy, potential energy, chemical energy, electric energy, etc. All have specific, measurable manifestations that can be described, predicted, measured.

The transformation of that energy into matter (and vice versa) ALSO comes in many forms that can be measured, tested for, described, etc, etc. The energy or matter lost in the conversion is a known quantity, the amount of energy per gram of matter is know, etc. Granted, dark matter and energy exist and they are not well described and understood, but their effects is directly measurable and has been described for some time. Because they appear to be largely inert, they don't interact much with the universe that is observable in light spectrum.

So, if spirits are energy and we can measure energy, how do we measure spirits? It is totally permissable to build one theory on another, but you have to describe that theory in a way that can be tested and falsified. I mean, they can measure individual particles in the LHC, surely we can measure the energy a visible spirit would give off, or one that can move things around.

Then there is the matter of theorizing how a pure energy being would retain intelligence, which, as far as we know, requires matter. Now, that part I will let you slide on as we have yet to observe and measure this energy and we are still in the phase of developing the hypothesis.

Let's just stick with measuring the energy of the spirit. What kind of energy is it (thermal, kinetic, electric, chemical, etc.)? What kind of device might measure that energy? Why have previous attempts failed? Under what conditions would the hypothesis that of an energy spirit NOT hold true?

I am more than happy to help you develop this hypothesis.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

We can only measure what we currently have the means to do so with

True. If spirits can knock over a lamp or touch you, that is some form of kinetic energy that is measurable. If you can see them, that is some measurable form of luminous energy. If you can hear them, that is some form of sound energy. So far, off the manifestations seem to be firmly in the measurable world.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Watersprout did you not notice that EP answered Prodigal Sons challenge?

He did? With some nonsense 2nd grade website about dolphins making sounds and whistles? That's not what I had in mind. I was thinking more along the line of how they communicate telepathically across thousands of miles. Or how do birds communicate instantly in order for entire flocks to fly in such perfect unison as if they were one single body. Those links didn't answer jack shit. Your science cannot even begin to explain things like remote viewing, but we do know that the CIA spends tons of money researching it. Maybe they're all deluded too. Maybe they should go have their sanity checked.

You know, I have no problem with people being Devil's Advocates and disagreeing with things. That is, after all, how we evolve. But some of you have a habit of immediately questioning a person's sanity because they don't see things the way you do. It's fucking obnoxious bullshit and I will call you out on it every time I see it.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

And what if this person really is delusional? I haven't called her insane, but she is experiencing some disturbing things. How f**king (edited to stay out of trouble) obnoxious is it for a person to feed into a delusion before knowing the person has been seriously checked out? Call me on it---and I will call you on aggravating a possible mental illness.

NC

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    How f**king (edited to stay out of trouble) obnoxious is it for a person to feed into a delusion before knowing the person has been seriously checked out?

Indeed. It helps make it stronger.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL!!! BTS--- I was trying to edit that out. You know---you have a habit of busting on all my pre-edits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit