Evil Spirits

by LizLA 294 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

Watersprout did you not notice that EP answered Prodigal Sons challenge?

There is zero evidence of a "spirit" world. Nobody has even defined what they mean by the word spirit. Belief in something for which there is no evidence is a delusion and its not helping LizLA by reinforcing the source of her problem.

• tec
    tec

That's funny, Cofty, beause I was going to show through Prodigal's post above that there was a 2nd definition of spirit. ("energy, as everything is energy"... and if I can presume a little bit; perhaps PS also means that energy holds our thoughts, emotions,values, personalities, nature, etc... the person we are on the inside)

LizLA - I would do both sets of advice given to you in this thread. Tell the spirits to leave, quell my desire for them to remain (because of what I got out of it - psychic power); all of which you might be able to do by asking Christ to help you... and I would also see a doctor about a possible physical problem; if only to rule it out.

Although I would go IMMEDIATELY to a doctor/er or whatever, if I was being told by 'spirits' to do harm to someone or something else; especially if I was tempted even a little bit to listen to 'them'.

Peace to you,

Tammy

• cofty
    cofty

I was going to show through Prodigal's post above that there was a 2nd definition of spirit. - Tec

What was the first again?

You can't just assert that spirit is energy, that's not how we find out truths about the world, its just a flight of fancy.

What Prodigal Son calls " earth-bound know-it-alls" and " ignorant, judgmental assholes" is actually just people who aren't prepared to abandon facts in favour of his/her pet theories.

The reality that real science discoers every day is far more wonderful.

• tec
    tec

You can't just assert that spirit is energy,

You can, if everything IS energy, in some form or another. Is that not a scientific theory? (that everything is energy)

I believe that was how I described 'spirit' as well. A form of energy that embodies the nature/personality/thoughts/emotions of a person.

Peace,

Tammy

• cofty
    cofty

We can measure every form of energy and use it to do useful work. You are simply asserting without a shred of evidence that there is a form of energy that is invisible, undetectable, impossible to measure in any way but you know all about what it is and you gave it a special name - "spirit".

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

In some way, you called them.

Now, you own them.

Good luck getting rid of them.

JDW

• tec
    tec

Well, there is no scientific proof of the spiritual, you're right. Yet.

But I doubt we can measure every form of energy that there is. We can only measure what we currently have the means to do so with, but that does not mean that there is not innumerable things out there that we don't even know e x ists... including other forms of energy.

Peace,

Tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Well there's the thing tec. There are lots of things we don't know, but it is a delusion to pretend we know all sorts of things about stuff we don't know.

Did that sound like Rumsfeld?

• tec
    tec

Well there's the thing tec. There are lots of things we don't know, but it is a delusion to pretend we know all sorts of things about stuff we don't know.

True. And I, myself, know very very little. But I trust Christ and His understanding... and I can understand some things He taught (and teaches), and 'get a sense of' of other things that I don't understand as well... the spirit being one of those things.

Did that sound like Rumsfeld?

:)

(have to smile, because I know nothing about him)

Peace,

Tammy

• cofty
    cofty

I can understand some things He taught (and teaches), and 'get a sense of' of other things that I don't understand as well... the spirit being one of those things.

Does that include the psychologically harmful delusion that there are 2 wicked "spirits" tormenting LizLA?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit