The Watchtower is NOT a false prophet

by The Quiet One 179 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

The Quiet One: And 'millions now living will never die' could still apply if the end comes soon.

Could and if .... at some point in the future it may actually be true. But so far it isn't ...

The point IS that Rutherford was proclaiming this in the '20s, nearly 100 years ago. It wasn't true then, it was wrong. Absolutely, positively wrong.

How many of the "millions" that heard that message back then do you think are still alive?

According to Answers.com, the answer to the question, "How many people are alive today over 100 years of age?"

Answer: as of 2000, there are over 200,000 people over 100. The UN estimates that by 2013, there will be 3,000,000 centenarians

Since roughly only 1/1,000 of the world population claims to be JWs, then the absolute best it could possibly be is:

• Thousands now living may never die!
    • Or more likely: "Millions now dying will never live!"

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_are_alive_today_over_100_years_of_age#ixzz1UGxNyoTJ

End of discussion.

• steve2
    steve2

Quiet One's window-dressing is a disgraceful attempt to exempt proud men from ownership of their absue of religiuous power. They have advanced their predictions as the truth that JWs must follow without question.

I could tolerate them their need to put dates to predictions if they did not require all others in the organization to subscribe to the exact letter of their speculations.... But Quiet One knows as well as all others affiliated with the organization that questioning of speculative predictions is not tolerated.

People have suffered for urging the Watchtower to use more moderate language and to be humble rather than arrogant in their assertions about end-times.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Y'all got ole Wuz rollin'

everytime an apologist come through, they don't have a chance

with the artillary y'all throw

bombs away !!!!!!

Quiet One, the reason the WTS changed their stance on the generation

is because they don't even believe the stuff they write

• wasblind
    wasblind

" The generation that was alive at the beginning of the fullfillment of the sign in 1914, is now well along in years. The time remaining must be very short."______________reasoning book page 239

You see Quite one, they already prove themselves to be false prophets, cause they gave up on

that prediction even before it had a chance to come true

• Mickey mouse
  • FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Quiet One: That last sentence of my last post should be ignored, I couldn't edit it.. MNLWND was a false interpretation, not a prophecy in the name of God.

The rules of his game (and Watchtower's) are like Simon Says.

Johnny: Simon says take 5 steps forward.

Suzie takes 5 steps forward.

Johnny: Take 3 steps backward.

Suzie takes 3 steps backward.

Johnny: Ha, ha, I got you. I didn't say Simon Says!!

Cheers,

Len

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

As others have shown, the Watchtower claims itself to be a prophet. The definition of prophet is "A person regarded as an inspired teacher or proclaimer of the will of God." In numerous senses of the word they are a prophet.

According to your point, they were not originating prophecies but just presenting interpretations. It makes no difference if a person claims to get their information about the future from God via tea leaves, a crystal ball, inspired dreams, a burning bush or interpretation based on guidance from God's holy spirit. Regardless of their claimed source, the Watchtower has been manipulating lives in the name of God with falsehoods.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Fatfreek- Your post was quite funny, I have to admit. I hit the post button too rapidly and couldn't go back and delete the ignorant sentence that I'd typed out without checking up the year that MNLWND was printed. Even the Proclaimers book admits that was a mistake.. I deserved to be mocked for that.. Back on topic, though.. Nobody has denied yet that a generation CAN mean a group of contemporaries, as is clearly stated in the dictionary.. And if it can, the 'generation' has not yet passed away. Unless someone can conclusively disprove this definition? Therefore, with certain doctrines/interpretations that were in need of refinement/correction not being relevant to the scriptural test of a false prophet, as I have shown by explaining that a prophet does not have to be infallible at all times and can make mistakes.. and bearing in mind that the WT has never prophesied about the future in Gods name, there isn't any evidence to convict the WT of being a false prophet based on the Bible.. I think that this is the only thing left that I can add to the topic, thanks to ALL for at least listening --- Here is a line of reasoning regarding the idea of overlapping groups being considered as a generation: "If you have a specific event, then the 'generation' of that event includes everyone who knows, spoke to or was alive at the same time as the eye-witnesses of that event. That could include people who were not yet born when the event occurred but were born 'into' the generation that witnessed it. They are all part of that 'generation'. They (the GB) mention Joseph and the Bible talks about all the generation who went into Egypt with him passing away. But that 'generation' included people who knew Joseph but who were born after he came to Egypt. His children, for instance. That 'generation' basically included everyone who was alive at the same time as those who witnesses Israel going into Egypt. They were contemporaries." http://m.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/TGOUI0PO1QOTU30HL

• 00DAD
    00DAD

TQO: Are you familiar with the term "weasel words"?

Pop goes the weasel!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

TQO: Are you an attorney?

legalese

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit