Acceptable and unacceptable dress for visiting Bethel

by smiddy 70 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• smiddy
    smiddy

I just came across this on another thread with pictures/photos ,is this for real ? I couldnt beleive my eyes or ears?

The control that this organization has over it`s members... is ..is ... well it`s a cult !! No question about it .

smiddy

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, smiddy!!!

Did you see - uhm, crap, I think it was uhm.... The post on the thread, "What's the worst thing said to you while you were grieving" - I'd have to look it up... but...

The poster who posted that, after spending the week with her dying mother in the hospital, being there nearly every waking minute, was shocked to hear a "special needs" talk [after her mother's funeral] to the effect of, "If you're going to visit someone in the hospital, make sure that you're dressed as though you were going out door-to-door; can't have your dress bring reproach upon "Jehovah's" name, now..."

I'll go look that up...

Now, THAT'S controlling!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Here 'tis...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/218126/4/Whats-the-most-insensitive-thing-you-have-been-told-while-grieving

Lunatic Faith's post on page 4...

"My mother died when I was 19 after an extended illness. For the last week of her life she was in the hospital slipping away. I knew she was dying and didn't want her to die alone so I stayed in the hospital 18 hours a day, catching cat naps in the waiting room and being by her side whenever I could. A week after her memorial service, there was a local needs regarding proper conduct in the hospital. We were counseled to dress in meeting clothes when visiting friends and family as that was a good witness to hospital staff. "Recently there have been reports of young people horsing around in the cafeteria and sleeping in areas of the hospital reserved for visiting family." I was so shocked and hurt I didn't really know how to respond. ..."

Uhm, crud... Is this "cross-posting"???

Anyway, her experience sure illustrates the niggling, petty, vicious control of the Watchtower Corporation and its minions...

Zid

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

It's a cult

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Dear Zid, Cross post away! (I'm the OP) The ever so valid point being made is that there is nothing whatsoever the WTS does not attempt to control. The personal matter of dress is beaten to death. It's doing much more harm than good.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore