Acceptable and unacceptable dress for visiting Bethel

by smiddy 70 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

I once visited a foreign Bethel home in suit trousers and shirt, but without a tie. I got counselled by my wife but not refused the tour. Maybe they thought I was this poor lady's unbelieving husband or something and they were mercyful against me. There is noway I would have taken my whole suit with me to long foreign tourist trips, I even attended local congregations in this unrespectful attire and was still warmly welcomed.

But the time I really got the looks was when I once dropped by in our local Bethel to collect some foreign literature. I was going to help my friend in timbering and Bethel was conveniently by the route, so I as I am very pragmatic person decided to combine this need I had. There I was, in Bethel lobby with my wind and waterproof outdoor attire asking someone to deliver some specific items in my list to me. Eventhough I must have been worse sight than the beast in revelation, I was actually allowed to follow one brother to literature depot inside the Bethel premises (much more than I anticipated) and then let out from back door. Wait a minute, maybe that was part of the plan. Well you guessed it right, I was counseled in forthcoming meeting by a Bethel brother in our congregation that there is no such situation in the world that justifies entering even the Bethel parking area in such clothing. Ok, I got that and never again went to Bethel to collect literature, but ordered them through our literature desk.

CP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit