What is the stupidest comment you ever heard at a meeting?

by 3rdgen 85 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 00DAD
    00DAD

If ignorance was truly bliss than the average person would be orgasmic all the time!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

What I saw was not one stupid comment, but a series. I forgot the subject of the WT, but people were commenting on the lack of morals for people "in the world". People really got into it. "Oh yes those in the world are without any moral sense etc etc etc". The problem was a family that was studying was visiting for the 1st time. They got up and left in the middle of the study

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WH you have a PM

• blondie
    blondie
    Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

Actually this is what the King James Version says.

• Alfred
    Alfred

One brother made this bizarre comment intended for the next paragraph of the WT Study (not the one being considered when he raised his hand): "In Jehovah's eyes, it's acceptable to have a luxury car as long as it's primary purpose is to transport brothers to the KH, assemblies and field service." The study conductor could barely keep a straight face and and asked: "Anyone else?" There was also a loud giggle from a sister in the second row who couldn't contain herself...

... weeks later, the brother who made this bizarre comment (from the wrong paragrah) traded in his old Nissan Pathfinder and bought a BMW 7-series...

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Alfred, that Beemer would have made FS a little more tolerable. LOL

• rebel8
    rebel8

"Pac Man is so evil [...insert 10+ minutes of rambling here...], it will definitely be the downfall of our youth. Playing it invites demons."

I'm paraphrasing because (obviously) it was so long ago, I don't remember.

This particular woman would get ahold of the mic on Sundays and let loose with the same Pac Man tirade as often as she could. I believe she was trying to get the elders to ban it.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To Rebel, Hahahah that develish little round man!!!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Somebody during a book study brought up different religious beliefs. They said something along the lines of "Muslims believe when they blow themselves up they get 70 virgins". Somebody else blurted out "70 virgins, blow me up now!" This was met by silence.

There was an article in the WT about the rock badger and the ant. The paragraph about the ant was over and during the next paragraph, it was discussing the rock badger. The one sister must have still been thinking about the ant because when commenting on the rock badger paragraph she said "I had one in my kitchen once. I tried drowning it but the little sucker just wouldn't die!" Even if she was commenting on the right paragraph, it still would have been a dumb comment.

• moshe
    moshe

1973-

an elder giveing a pep talk at the KH in the service meeting.

Brothers in less than 20 months Armageddon will be here ---

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit