What is the stupidest comment you ever heard at a meeting?

by 3rdgen 85 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

A very reliable friend told me this: the bro was commenting on what was "Unacceptable" conduct in the bedroom between married persons. Needless to say, he had everyone's attention. He went on to say "we must avoid perversions such as oral and annual sex." It was next to impossible for my friend to keep a straight face!!!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

LOL

what about bi-annual sex

It's such along time since I have been to brain washing, I really can't remember much, some will come to me tho LOL

Added due to having used all my 100 posts LOL

It's been 10 years since went to kh (00s taken care of)

It's another 10 years prior to that that I took any notice as I was probably sleeping, and my attendance was irregurlar (that's the 90s)

Previous 10 years I wasn't listening (80s gone)

30 years since i took any notice, no i can't remember LOL

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The angels pouring out the 7 bowels in Revelation

• 00DAD
    00DAD

More than once I heard someone commenting about the immorality of the soul!

No doubt some Freudian slippage of their sub-conscious desires!!!

• Ding
    Ding

"We should be grateful for the faithful and discreet slave, who gives us meat in due season."

• bassetthound
    bassetthound

The Book Study conductor was trying to illicit the response "ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it"

He said "ignorance..." "is BLISS" chimed in one youth :)

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hahaha You guys are so funny! I just remembered another one.Many years ago young teenager (not overly bright but who oozed inappropriate sexuality) volunteered to read a scripture at the book study. It was prov. 14:30 She read "A calm heart is the life of the fleshly orgasm." All of us had to bite our lips to keep fom LOL!

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

During a WT study this last year a local elder said in one of his answers: “If I send time with someone (s) and they don’t spiritually up build me or I am able to learn something spiritual from them….then I feel it was a complete waste of my time and I will never get it back!!! (He was putting his hand over his chest (heart) and moving it back and forth while he was saying this.) Also he said he will never have any further social contact with these spiritual weak ones again. He kept on and on about how terrible it would be for him to have spent time with them…and not having learned anything spiritual.

• I thought elders were the ones required by Jesus to seek out the weak ones and straighten them. (This is one of several)
    • One more meeting for us and no more.

Sw

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

sayswho, I mean no disrespect but why one more?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

At a District Assembly, the bro, was getting into it with his illustration about an octopus.

He repeated several times with great emphasis the notion that this octopus had 8 testicles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit