What is the stupidest comment you ever heard at a meeting?

by 3rdgen 85 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

My wife made me go... (we had close friends there) At that meeting this same elder "put us in our place"...the rest is history.

Sw

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

While discussing a WT article on higher education one of our more enlightened (Janitor/ Carpet Cleaner) Elders commented smugly, "A College education can make you smarter, but it can also "SMART" you right out of THE TRUTH ! Many thought this to be quite profound and lots of heads could be seen nodding in approval all over the Hall.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I remember one guy in the TMS saying you had to "masturbate your spiritual food 32 times before swallowing it".

• Londo111
    Londo111

Alas, I should have seen this thread before starting one like it...which I believe I may have put in the wrong section. D'oh!

In one congergation, after a series of rather off-the-wall comments, the conductor quipped, "There must be a full moon tonight!" Thereafter, my friend called these 'Werewolf comments'.

One of the worst was a sister who implied that holy spirit caused Judah to fornicate with his daughter-in-law Tamar.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

"An open mind is like an open sewer, you get all kinds of garbage in there."

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I usually like this particular sister's comments,since they are mostly down to earth. But,the Watchtower was about,yeah,the Governing Body,and she mentioned we just need to be obedient. And get this,even if,we know it to be wrong. They may do this to test our obedience. Okay,whatever. In other words,blind obedience.

• jam
    jam

An elder explanation why he stop his study with

A potential JW. The study was going great, but

I could see as the study progress his goal was to

use Jehovah to get women and money. What!!!

Women maybe but money, please.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Thanks for all these gems! I feel the need to laugh during my exit from the cult. If I don't , I'll cry for the nearly 60 yrs lost. Octupus testicles= priceless!!!

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Quite a while ago a brother read "Lexington" in stead of "Lexicon". The brother conducting the study (who had a good sense of humour) said under his breath: "After action, satisfaction, Lexington."

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

I heard one about something about a baby dying in a barn fire?!?! I don't remember the connection to the WT lesson, but it brought up tears for the sis giving the comment and a tearful hand back of the mic!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit