What is the stupidest comment you ever heard at a meeting?

by 3rdgen 85 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Mr f that comment at the book study is priceless!!! I would have neede depends if I would have been there!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

3rdgen, if you had known the brother, the comment would have definitely made you pee yourself.

He was such a creepy brother. He would stalk sisters (my mom especially when my dad died). I heard stories about how he camped outside of one sister's house in his car. He tried to accuse her of sleeping with her boyfriend at that time.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

* Jesus being taken to the high priest Anus

* 'Philanthropist' being described as 'someone who collects stamps'

* 'sauerkraut' (in the Creator book) being pronouned 'soccerrats'

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Oh, and when a 'brother' proudly claimed that 'anyone can go to a museum and see that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607'.

• carvin
    carvin

At a DC it was stated that "We have no broken homes in the organization." And later, "no JW has ever died from AIDS."

We had one "anointed brother" who was totally aginst gatherings, sports, music, well everything really. There were a bunch of kids trying to get a football game going and he commented that "if you look at the WT and Awake mags. you will never see a picture with more than 7 or 8 people at a gathering, or playing any game. So we must conclude that we can not attend if we know of leave if we find out that there will be more than 7 or 8 prople there."

• wobble
    wobble

Stupid comments abounded during the 58 years I was in, but just one sticks out in my mind because it spurred me to walk away after the very next meeting.

The Service Overseer was answering in the WT study and part of his comment included "we all here believe that Jesus started to rule in Heaven in 1914"

I thought to myself "We don't "all" believe that mateyboy, I don't for a start".

Not exactly the same kind of stupid, ignorant comment that we have had mentioned above, but enough to get me moving in the right direction- out of the door for good.

• sistif
    sistif

Back in the 80's at a book study my husband who walked out on us made a very stupid comment. We were studying the family book and I don't remember the question, but he raised his hand and answered "If your wife has wants she better want less". I wanted to die, the brother conducting the study didn't know what to say. At the end of the meeting this stupid elder asked him to say the prayer. I took my son by the arm and we walked out before he even started to pray. I told my son we are never going back again. He turned the radio up full blast and sang all the way home. So much for the good old boys club.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

A woman told me that she messed up once and she laughed about it but it was embarrassing she said instead of saying she had good success in the ministry she accidently said she had good sex and her husband turned to her and said WHAT!. I wasn't there but I'm sure it was entertaining.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

One WT conductor asked why the Jews seemed to be so much weaker than the Egyptians when they were led out by Moses. He asked what advantages the Egyptians seemed to have, since all the Hebrews had to rely on was Jehovah. One really weird sister was called on, and answered: "The Egyptians had guns and the Jews didn't have any weapons." I looked at my wife and whispered...."Did she really say guns?" We were both trying to hold it together for the next five minutes or so.

One friend of mine, when he was very young, had watched SNL or some other comedy show. They did a spoof of King Kong where they said King Kong was the savior of mankind......Fast forward to next book study.......The conductor said: "So Jesus actually was the only person who could save all of mankind." My friend blurted out: "I saw on TV that King Kong was able to save mankind!" A spanking by his father immediately followed.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

nancy

that one cracked me up................ LMAO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit