What is the stupidest comment you ever heard at a meeting?

by 3rdgen 85 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• james_woods
    james_woods

The circuit overseer publicly stated during his visit that the reason Dinosaurs were created was so that there would be petroleum.

I pointed out to him after the meeting that in actuality, petroleum is not really squished Dinosaurs - and he took offense at this. Crude Oil really was squished dinosaur guts.

He proved it to me by making the observation that the Sinclair Oil Company had a brontosauros on their advertisements.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

not from a meeting but an elder in my cong (good friend a chairman on my JC) was studying The Live Forever Book with a guy who had learning difficulties and they came to the picture of the 2 cherubs guarding The Garden of Eden after A&E had been kicked out, he asked who the 2 fairies were guarding the garden.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Too many to choose from. They usually came from the podium.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

'God made dinosaurs to manure the ground so the plants would grow'

'God made flowers for women & vegetables for the men'

'Adam would've been able to pet a dinosaur'

'There were dinosaurs on the Earth when Noah lived'

'The Bible was only written for the 144,000'

'Christ only died for the 144,000 not all mankind'

• clarity
    clarity

Pretty much in every hall you will hear about the...

King James Virgin!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

"Mankind was created to be gardners." - Elder and Field Service Overseer

"I can't wait talk to the apostles in the New World." - Ministerial Servant's wife who is "of the other sheep"

"Glaciers do not carve mountains. You can pour all the icecubes you want on a mountain and it won't change." - Public talk on creation vs evolution

"Jehovah would not want us to see 'Return of the Jedi' because it promotes violence." - Bible hilights talk given the night before Return of the Jedi premiered.

• N.drew
    N.drew

"We will have the privilege of teaching the likes of Daniel and the prophets." And I'm thinking that is NOT a pretty picture.

• Robert7
    Robert7

"Everything said on the platform is like it is said from Jehovah"

Said by a prominent elder's wife. This set off a huge red flag for me. Even when I was in, I knew better than to believe that.

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

"Seven million people can't be wrong"

Heard from the platform several times at my hall.

• Robert7
    Robert7
    "Seven million people can't be wrong"

This shows how deluded they really are! With this line of reasoning, 1.5 BILLION muslims can't be wrong... 1 BILLION Hindus can't be wrong...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit