What is the stupidest comment you ever heard at a meeting?

by 3rdgen 85 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Thanks everyone for sharing the stupidity! Got another one to add: The married middle aged PO in the hall we used to attend decided phone calls between members of the opposite sex were considered "dating". He gave several talks where he called it "That Devilish phone dating" Turns out within months he was disfellowshipped for porking a young married elderette w/ kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!She and her family were in the SAME CONGO. The affair had been been going on at the same time as those uber-lame comments!!! They were "caught in the act" by his wife.Takes hypocracy to a new level doesn't it?

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

From the annals of civilization of course pronounced "anals"! My friend whispered to me : "Is that like the butthole of civilization?" Needless to say we were having a hard time not cracking up and probably didn't hide it real well!

• Londo111
    Londo111

I remember the conductor who was giving his personal commentary on the verse that says, "Let the stealer steal no more, but let him do hard work with his hands." Then he mimed the motion of a person using a computer mouse. Then he said, "THIS is not working with your hands."

Even the Society in their artcles implied that most people in the office are goofing off and a YPA article on Work quoted a young person as saying, "I'd rather be playing on my computer." And by thier terms, I am "unskilled". I think it stems from the "blue-collar" snobbery that the organization encouraged. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with being blue collar, but no matter what your profession is, be it anything from brick laying to web development, exuding a spirit of superiority does not become one.

Sometimes when I'm stressed at work, I think about that. If I'm not working, if I'm "playing around" here, why am I so stressed?

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

Book study conductor elder on being asked awkward questions by someone's bible study during the study : "Just don't think about it."

• donuthole
    donuthole

Kids listen to this rap-crap because they like the beat. Well it will BEAT you right out of the TRUTH!

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

"Just don't think about it." Priceless.

"The kingdom smile." Yeesh. I saw a few of them on the Stepford Wives when I visited Bethel. They walked, talked and smiled like robots.

One of my favorites:

One sister in a book study, commenting on 1 John 2:2 ("...sacrifice for our sins, not for ours only but also for the whole world's") pointed out, "See, it says 'worlds', so there are more worlds out there and Jehovah is forgiving sins for the people on them as well."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit