What is the stupidest comment you ever heard at a meeting?

by 3rdgen 85 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To NDrew, I goofed! Sorry, I was making a joke about Nancy Drew's post.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Thank you! You will find sometimes that posters will not respond, sometimes on purpose and sometimes not, but it gets to be more funny than annoying after a while. So, it is nice that you corrected that!

• seenitall
    seenitall

Bookstudy with the Live Forever book. Conductor asks what is going on in the Picture of the priest smiling with his hands raised in peace signs - sister says this is a priest partying at a disco!

• sabastious
    sabastious

"The preaching work is officially finished, more babies are born each day than we could possibly get to." - District Overseer at a circuit assembly.

I rememeber thinking, so why are we doing it? Uh oh........

-Sab

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

"we dont celebrate birthdays because all devotion has to go to jehovah"

• shepherd
    shepherd

It was not at a meeting but one elder and I had just finished talking to a Sikh and they had explained a little about their religion. They believe there was a great battle and God gave them victory because the fighters continued even after they had been decapitated.

Anyway, once we left, the elder started laughing at this person's faith and said 'What an idiot. Who would believe that soldiers can keep on fighting after decapitation. What a stupid religion, I am glad we have the TRUTH".

I, as politely as possible, pointed out we are trying to teach him the Bible, that there was a talking snake and a talking donkey, that the sun and moon can stand still so a battle can be won, that you could be brought to life for just touching a prophet's dead bones....and I could go on for hours with totally unbelievable incidents in the Bible. He went quiet, then said, "yes, but in the Bible it really happened, so it's different..."

By then I was well on my way to seeing the JW religion for what it was.

• Quandry
    Quandry

An elder, from the platform said that Jesus was considered a frantic, and his followers were frantics. I suppose he meant fanatic.

Same elder, on the platform at a Circuit Ass. said that people want us to be in the same low STINK of debauchery instead of sink.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To Quandry, When i was "in" I was "frantic" but now I'm startin' to "stink". :)

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

"Jehovah Witnesses are the most happy people in the World! They have the true love Jesus had, and are one big happy family."

How is that for puke?

• smiddy
    smiddy

An elder whispering to an elders wife at the back of the hall,when a sister was giving her presentation in the ministry school,that she had no bra.on because he could see her pronounced nipples through her blouse.

I kid you not this is true

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit