Heaven and Hell : Life after death

by bioflex 84 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

I don't see anti-semitism either, Designs. Certainly not from Christ.

Now, that some took and twisted writings to INFER anti-semitism, and breed the hate already in their hearts... yes, that I can see in history and also in the present. But that does not come from the gospels. That comes from a twisting of the gospels.

Peace,

Tammy

• designs
    designs

Either go to a Synagogue and study Judaism or read some scholarly work like Freudmann's Anti-Semitism In The New Testament. There are so many mistakes in the New Testament about what a Jew believes you can't go two pages without tripping over them.

Think of how bad the Watchtower misrepresents the Trinity in the Trinity Brochure and you have a small inkling on how bad the misrepresentations of Judaism are in the New Testament.

And then ask why.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Indeed tec, amen!

The bible is clear, the nations will be judged on how they treat the descendents of Abraham, both in the old testament and the new!

I am glad I have been grafted into the promise :)

Hope you are well Tammy :)

Blessing in Christ, our Lord and our God, Yeshua Messiah, Creator of heaven and earth!

Stephen xx

• designs
    designs

'Grafting' as defined in the New Testament is another example of the writer (claimed to have been a Jew) is a fraud.

• tec
    tec

I am well, thank you Stephen :) Blessings in Christ to you and yours as well.

Designs, which version of Judaism? There are many different ones, right? Now as then?

As I said, the fact that people have used the bible, and Christ, to twist the words and teachings and promote anti-semitism is not in doubt. But in order to do so, many verses and teachings of Christ have to be discarded first.

Peace to you also, as always,

Tammy

• designs
    designs

tec-

The challenge for anyone claiming to be a Christian is to be able to meet the criticism of the internal evidence of the NT and identify what are misrepresentations of Judaism. This particular challenge is not about how Christians persecuted Jews but the actual NT Texts.

People like Stephen will never do such an examination, its considered a breech of faith, but if truth in manuscripts and truth in history have value then its a good academic task.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

A lot of Christians gasp when they hear my point of view, but right now I feel that when I die, I'm gone forever. If I die and find out that I'm in the eternal torment aspect of any one of the hundreds of current or historical religions, then bonus points to me!

I got to enjoy my life and as a bonus, I get to keep living! With enough time, it's human nature to fetishize the torment, so give it a while and I'll either be apathetic to it or turned on. I'm fine with either.

• Violia
    Violia

I had a NDE and saw pathway, lit brightly . I know people say it is just hallucinations but does everyone have the same hallucination?

• sisir
    sisir

My dealings with the site http://yourdeathdate.info had ended in a nasty exchange with the site`s management. Just about half a year ago my girlfriend took a death-prediction test and found out that she had only about a month and a half left to live. When she had only a day left before the predicted date, she started showing clear signs of agitation and got into a car accident exactly on the predicted date. She survived accident, but the that was a real close call. We are now taking legal action again this site on our lawyer`s advice.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Well, seems like this thread is just about dead.

For anyone interested in reading an essay I did in collaboration with another IBSA member, on the subject of The Rich Man and Lazarus, try

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1XTUEMUNWgM4E4qb6lNiS4Qghz-wxhc0cO4C8QYkocaY&embedded=true"></iframe>

Vander

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit