Are you sure leaving is a wise decision ?- Lurkers think twice- Part 2

by mankkeli 283 Replies latest jw experiences

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Is it too much to ask for our kids to grow up responsibly in a household governed by divine authority and peace?

I sure hope you don't think you can find that as a JW????

• shamus100
    shamus100

You are filled with shit, Mankkell. You are filled with it with your brothers and sisters, and you are filled with it here. In the end, you have no spine.

Go back to the kingdumb hell. Enjoy your life.

• zoiks
    zoiks

where would you like to see her in thirteen years time?. Is it too much to ask for our kids to grow up responsibly in a household governed by divine authority and peace?

Let's count the unsubstantiated suppositions in this. Come on, it will be fun!

1. That LWT's daughter's future is somehow uncertain, because...

2. She is possibly not growing up responsibly because...

3. LTW's household may not be governed by divine authority and peace because...

4. LWT is not a JW, and...

5. Only JW children grow up responsibly in a household governed by divine authority and peace.

Got all that? It's f*cking bulletproof, I tell you!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

manky's counting time on an Apostate forum, bet he doesn't tell his elders where the time comes from.

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

Shamus100- Dont think I am fool, I have been empowering people in high control cults to keep their senses but not to leave. This has proved far more beneficial than ranting on the organization and getting people out

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

SUICIDES AMONG JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

Researched and written by Joe Emerson to present on the talk show of Derrick Whitt broadcast out of Syracuse, New York, at 11 PM Eastern Standard Time (10 PM Central) on January 9, 2009; phone 347.945.7601 (Listeners' Line) http://www.blogtalkradio.com/insightontheword

Before beginning, it is good to note that there are many Jehovah's Witnesses who are in good to excellent health, including mentally. However, sadly, a number are not.

STATISTICS FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC

According to 2005 data, suicides in the U.S. outnumber homicides by nearly 2 to 1 and rank 11th among leading causes of death. A 2008 report from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health's Center for Injury Research and Policy found suicide up the first time in ten years mostly from suicides among whites aged 40-64, with white middle-aged women having the largest annual increase. Most suicides are by males although females attempt suicide more often.

JW STATISTICS

JWs are taught by Watchtower and its Elders "you are the happiest people on Earth"* so when confronted with the reality that they or their loved ones have mental health problems, they often as a matter of defense to keep their world from collapsing, refuse to acknowledge it. They find it much easier to go into denial, saying the person pointing it out is wrong, lying or being cruel. *("Happy is the people whose God is Jehovah!" Ps. 144:15)

The greatest authority on Jehovah's Witnesses (that is, JWs) and suicide is Dr. Jerry Bergman, PhD who was formerly also an Elder among JWs. He found from 20% to about 25% of JWs had mental problems including depression, abnormal fears and general unhappiness (Which must be higher by now), that the rate for depression and mental illness was as much as five to ten times that of the average middle class church going population.

As far back as 1944, a researcher named M.J. Pescor published a study of young JWs imprisoned in the United States over draft evasion. He found that their psychosis level was seventeen times greater than for the general population or in other words 1,700% worse; also 7% of the men were psychotic, 4% had other mental abnormalities, 25% were socially maladjusted. Some 16% were on hospital status and 44% of those were psychotic.

Psychotic means having an abnormal condition of the mind but generally involves a "loss of contact with reality" such as hallucinations or delusions, possibly disorganized thinking with unusual or bizarre behavior, difficulty with social interaction and impairment in daily living.

The Swiss psychiatrist J. Janner found in a 1963 report that of 100 Swiss in prison over objecting to military service 10/4% had previous criminal convictions of which about 50% were for sex crimes such as being pedophiles or exhibitionists, the other 50% being for minor property and offences against persons.

The Australian psychiatrist Spencer did research in Western Australia's psychiatric hospitals in 1971 to 1973 and he concluded that the rate of serious mental illness among them was 300% higher than for non-JWs, and the diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia was 400% greater.

.......................... ;-)...OUTLAW

• zoiks
    zoiks

Haha, I love Manky now! Who knows what he/she is? An exJW, an active JW, a never-JW? I will tell you this: Mank is a barrel of fun, which means that Manky is probably...

ALICE SPADE!

Welcome back, sweetheart. I've missed you so.

Let's kiss Shamus together. You go first, I insist.

Now...no more questions until you first answer mine, and back up each and every claim that you have made. We're waiting.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hey, Mankkell, good job. I'll agree to disagree from here on out, and leave it at that.

You ever kiss a monkey?

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

OUTLAW -What is their statusin the borg before committing suicide?, pioneers, elders, ms?, definitely not!, 90% of those who committed suicide did so after they left, they became discouraged and finally inactive and just ended it all. Thats why I'm empowering them to hang on, push the doubt to the background and endure somehow whichever way possible.

• zoiks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit