Are you sure leaving is a wise decision ?- Lurkers think twice- Part 2

by mankkeli 283 Replies latest jw experiences

• shamus100
    shamus100

Mankeill,

Answer me, kitten. The WTBTS is responsible for the deaths of many people. They are a harmful organization. Or is there another explanation?

• zoiks
    zoiks
    Here in Northern Europe, we have received reports of many ex-Jws who terminated their lives because of the difficulty of coping in the outside world., these reports are becoming numerous lately and I wouldnt want anyone to walk down that hideous path because of an aggresive need for ”freedom”.

Please cite sources.

We all know that the rate of divorce is way much higher outside than in the borg.

Please show statistics to support this.

"Ask yourself, What kind of Life do reknowned atheist like Richard dawkins led?, read up on his personal life on wikipedia, He couldnt even keep a marriage responsibly.What about Stephen Hassan ?(The messiah for ex-JWs), how is his personal life, have you researched it?. Were they examplary figures to follow?, does it really worth throwing away what you currently have, you should know where you will be heading if you read their books and view them as some kind of legend. Please, dont make rash decisions, examine the destination of the journey before you embark on it?. "

What do the personal lives of people such as Dawkins and Hassan have to do with one's decision to leave a cult? And calling Hassan "The Messiah for ex-JWs" as well as constantly referring to Franz as an "apostate guru" or "apostate magnate". Seriously? An Ad hominem wrapped up in a red herring does not make for a good premise.

On the previous thread, you asked questions, got answers, and ignored the answers by rephrasing the questions. You showed very little willingness to listen. I suggest you go back to that thread and re-read the comments. Many people spoke of the hardships that they went through on exiting the cult as well as speaking of the ways in which their lives have improved.

For those who prefer to remain in the organization for the sake of family or relationships, that's their call, and nobody can judge them for that.

You continually refer to "an aggressive need for freedom". Please back up your choice of the word "aggressive". If someone leaves an abusive religion and suffers the horrible social consequences of doing so, where does "aggressiveness" come into play? Your choice of words says a lot. You apologetically say things like, "lurkers must consider their step thoughtfully", and then turn around make completely unsubstantiated claims about life outside of the cult.

I posit that lurkers here have all of the "encouragement" to remain in the organization that anyone could ever hope for - the WTS' literature, the meetings, the peer pressure, and the constant 'studying' that JWs have to keep up with. If this constant "encouragement" isn't enough to keep them from waking up and questioning, who are you to try to convince them to stay?

Please, back up EVERY ONE OF YOUR CLAIMS with something substantial before expecting people to continue to play this game. Or go back under your bridge.

Edit: sorry for feeding the troll, guys and gals, but I missed out on the action yesterday

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nah Manny, you're being played and you're too stupid to know it.

Carry on!

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

cantleave - You know it yourself, go back to your former congregation and enquire if their had been any divorce since you left and compare this with the rate of divorce among your colleagues at work

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

We all know that the rate of divorce is way much higher outside than in the borg.

Yes... women who are abused are free to leave their husbands. Men who are henpecked and denied any sort of affection or companionship because they 'do not do enough' to please their status-conscious wives are free to leave them. Seriously, I've watched witness marriages and 'worldly' marriages. I have found that the only reason more witness marriages work is because they are required to remain in a miserable situation. If that's what God wants for us then I opt out, thanks.

I only pop on this site occaissionally... when I'm bored waiting for dinner or killing time before doing whatever it is I'm going to do for the day. When I popped on this morning killing time before work I read this and then the first page or so of your other post about this. Your arguments are laughable. How is my life better having left the witnesses? Well, how is your life better having stayed with the witnesses? I've lived in and out and my life is inordinately better out than in. You're going to ask me for proof as you did others on your other thread but, honestly, who do you think you are to ask for proof so you can sit in judgment of my life? I make the decisions in my life and I am happy with who I am and where I am in life. Whether you believe me or agree is of exactly zero consequence to me. And *that* is why your arguments are laughable to me.

I feel sorry for you. You live your life for conditional love. My life is richer and fuller out of the witnesses than it ever was in. I have friends and family who support me no matter who I am or what I believe. And I love and support them in the same manner in return. If I need help I'm not told to pray more, to do more. I don't even have to ask... it is simply there.

I stopped attending meetings as soon as I was able when I was 18 years old. I have lived more of my life outside of the religion than in it. I have met *significantly* more people outside of the religion than in it. *One* person I knew from outside the religion has commited suicide. *Five* people I knew from the religion have done so. Does that not say something to you? Their "happiness" is a veneer put on because they are expected to be happy. It's not true or real for a large portion of them. And if you don't see that, if you have so little compassion for your fellow believers to know the true suffering they endure, then you only illuminate how little true love and friendship there is within the organisation.

You have asked others if they escaped life's problems by leaving the witnesses. No one escapes life's problems. Not one person. You have not escaped them by remaining in the witnesses. Neither have any of your brothers or sisters. You just put on a little play to fool each other into believing that they don't matter because God will fix them all any minute now, any minute now, everything will be better any minute now so let's pretend the hurts don't hurt and don't matter because any minute now they will be gone... which would be a great argument if it hadn't been any minute now for over a century.

Anyway, I'm off to work now. I wish you the best. I likely won't see any of your replies because I have a busy and happy life to attend to so feel free to malign me in my absense if it makes you feel better or right or whatever it is you need to feel.

Jackie

• shamus100
    shamus100

You don't answer me because you can't answer the question, Mankkell.

Typical trollish behavior.

Prove me wrong.

• dgp
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

For you my monkey:

Lets dance!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Jehovahs Witnesses suicide rate 5 to 10 times above average

www.progressiveu.org

Jehovah Witness Suicide By Christian Peper

Authors note: If you or someone you love is contemplating suicide please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA) at: 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Teenagers can call the Covenant House NineLine at: 1-800-999-9999. Cries for help should never be discounted or ignored.

There is a long history of suicides within the Jehovah Witness Watchtower organization. Some experts have estimated the rate of suicides associated with the society to be five to ten times the rate of the general population. The exact number of suicides is impossible to obtain for a variety of reasons. Secular intuitions such as hospitals and police departments do not keep track of the religious organizations of the deceased. If institutions began to keep such records they would be accused of religious persecution. The American Psychiatric Association has moved towards a biological model of mental health. This causes non-biological causes of suicide to be discounted or ignored. The totalitarian Jehovah Witness Watchtower society knows of many suicides but will not admit guilt. The society has a long history of covering up damaging information. Evidence of the well documented child sexual assault cover up can be seen at this website: www.silentlambs.org. Those that dare speak against the organization (such as myself, Christian Peper) are harassed and denigrated by the cult.

..............................................:-)...OUTLAW

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Here's a recent snapshot of my daughter, age five. Guess what? She doesn't even know what a Kingdom Hall is. Her future is more important than my 'feelings'. I've put my Big Boy pants on and I have taken a stand for what is right. My family deserves it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit