Are you sure leaving the JW religion has made your life better?. Lurkers think twice

by mankkeli 260 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ex-Dub MS
    Ex-Dub MS

mankkeli - I think perhaps the most dangerous lie taught by the J-Dubs is the silly notion that Telling People Stuff Will CHANGE Their Lives.

Here's an 'illustration' ... I remember how the Fear-o-cratic school valued those things.

A doctor can tell a patient to stop smoking or lose weight or lower their meat/sugar/salt intake or he'll die. He needs no faith whatsoever to believe this is true. There's ready scientific evidence. There's people right around him...perhaps even family members who have passed away from the same health issues. So why is it so hard to change?

Because people can only change THEMSELVES. If and WHEN they're ready. And not a moment sooner. Even then, it takes great effort and more often than not, a good deal of trial and error.

But you're taught that waving around a silly magazine will do the trick.

I can't blame you for 'witnessing' online as if that will change anyone here. It's what you've been taught. You don't know any better.

Unfortunately, you have no choice but to learn the real truth here. Look at the responses. It doesn't matter how many times you boldface and reply....ultimately, you've failed. Your beliefs have failed. Your belief in your beliefs have failed. And the 'preaching' concept you've believed in is ever so terribly flawed.

Of course, you won't believe what I've just told you either. Until you're ready. If ever.

-XD MS

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Even Raymond franz a guru apostate wondered till death on the reason for the high surge of baptismal candidate. His confusion led to the complications of his sickness which later resulted in his death..." Mannkeli

Oh, really??

So, are you claiming to have been the physician attendant upon Mr. Raymond Franz in the months prior to his death??

Very odd that you have no clue as to the ACTUAL cause of Mr. Raymond Franz' demise - which was NOT due to any "sickness", by the way...

However, it is amusing that you are using CLASSIC Watchtower Corporation propaganda methods and means of manipulation in your approach to this issue - half-truths, sensationalism and exaggeration, 'gloom-and-doom' prognoses for any daring to leave the cult...

Instead of THIS question:

"Please ask yourself this question, If I leave this organization how would my exit improve my relationship with those I love most?..."

Ask yourself this, instead...

"What means of exiting would be the most effective in maintaining a decent relationship and channels of communication with my family/loved ones/beloved friends, while still enabling me to maintain my sanity and self-respect??"

Zid

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

OODAD - How does your present situation benefit you?, how does the aggressive need for freedom and conscience uplifted your state of mind?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Manny, being back in the madness would not solve any of my problems. No reason for me to go back to a lie.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Yes. Undoubtedly.

• nugget
    nugget

To the OP You are wrong, life is full of choices and not all will bring universal benefits . In my case I can say emphatically that life is better for not just myself but my children as well. Just because other members of my family chose to remain in the religion it does not mean that I am obliged to stay in the harmful environment with them. They are adults and must make their own choices. It is their choice to shun me I am not shunning them. I am and always will be there for them.

If I had stayed it would have placed an unreasonable strain on my sons health and well being. I would have been teaching my children that it is better to live a lie than stand up for your prinicples. This is not a lesson I want them to learn. Why should we have dedicated any more time, effort, energy and income to this sham faith? Staying in for sake of family relationships is a choice some make but whilst relationships with extended family can enhance life it was more important to focus on our immediate family and ensure their health and well being over others.

I am able to pursue an education and so are my children. I am able to live a life where relationships are not conditional on a belief system.

To lurkers you will know when you can face the challenge of leaving and when you reach your personal tipping point.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Since leaving the JWs, I have returned back to school to better my intellectual, social and financial position.

I no longer feel induced to guilt and unworthiness that were constantly drummed into my psyche from those indoctrination sessions.

I have formed better and more meaningful relationships with people of all backgrounds and do not judge their character based on WT sanctioned literature.

I have a better perspective on life and living it to the fullest and on my terms, free of the borg authority.

I am not DF or DA (yet). I have in some ways lost a lot of my connections with JWs other than my parents and even if that were the case, I am of the firm belief that what does not kill me will only make me stronger. If the time comes when I do decide to put in that DA letter (which is coming soon) and my parents should decide to turn their backs on me, as much as that may hurt me, I will live.

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

ziddina - I am discussing realities here based on my observation. BTW, why should you leave?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

leavingwt - What is the value of that feeling you are presently having?, of what merit is it?

I don't understand your question. I'm happier than I've ever been.

What would be the value in returning to the KH and living (what I now know to be) a lie?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OUTLAW - How has leaving benefited you personally, what have you to show for it and does it benefit those whom you truly care about?

I`m no longer a 24/7 unpaid WBT$ employee..For a Multi-Billion dollar organization..

I don`t have to defend WBT$ lies and corruption..

I don`t have to sit through endless meetings of WBT$ Crap I`ve heard a million times before..

I`m not forced to Preach WBT$ beliefs,the WBT$ will eventually force JW`s to abandon..

I don`t pay for WBT$ real estate scams that leave JW`s pennyless..

I have a Family that will never be Watchtower WatchTarded Slaves..

The Benifits to leaving the WBT$ ShitHole are endless..

...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit