Victoria, Australia: October 11th hearing. All five cases made it through the court...just!

by AndersonsInfo 89 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

They often will embody the spirit of deception/lies/falsehood while speaking technically accurately. This is actually the worst kind of lie and they do it with glee, claiming Jehovah's blessing.

I'm reminded of how they told the court in Bulgaria that they impose no sanctions on a JW who accepts a blood transfusion. Technically accurate - a JW who accepts a transfusion isn't DFd. Practically it is a lie because a JW who accepts a transfusion is automatically disassociated and DFd and DAd people are treated IDENTICALLY by Jehovah's Witnesses - by Watchtower command.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Case Number: B12083367

Acting Prosecutor: Mr Steven Unthank

Accused: FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE

Legal argument for the accused was presented by lawyers representing the Watchtower Society, including that the accused did not exist.

An application was made by the Crown (the Director of Public Prosecutions) for an adjournment for four weeks so that Victoria Police could complete an investigation and so that the Crown can prepare to take over the case.

Results: The Magistrate conferred with Mr Unthank who approved the request made by the Crown. The case was adjourned for four weeks.

Next Court hearing date: 08 November 2011

Hearing Type: Mention

thsmilie_happy_251.gif image by GeneralWaco

• ziddina
    ziddina

I sure hope this isn't the sort of technical loophole that will allow the Watchtower Corporation to escape punishment again!!!

• agonus
    agonus

The loophole, I bet you dollars to doughnuts, is that "The Faithful and Discreet Slave" does not exist but "The Faithful and Discreet Slave CLASS" does.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe
    Of course there will be a transcript. The June 8 meeting had a transcript, and so do depositions, so why wouldn't these hearings?

What took place on June 8 was a publlic hearing by the Victorian government's inquiry into protecting vunerable children. It had nothing to do with the magistrates court. No one in the magistrates court in Morwell will have been recording the conversations for a transcript.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I wonder if the possibility of the WT making a claim form a legal point of view that the FDS do not 'exist' was considered by Steven Unthank?

Either by accident or design, he does seem to have however, forced their hand on that one.

Another thing i wonder...

Case Number: B12083527

Acting Prosecutor: Mr Steven Unthank

Accused: GOVERNING BODY OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES

The accused failed to appear and was not represented by legal counsel.

Results: The Magistrate recommended that each member of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses also be individually charged over breaches of the Working with Children Act. The case was adjourned for four weeks. If the accused fails to appear at the next hearing then warrants can be issued for their arrest.

Next Court hearing date: 08 November 2011

Hearing Type: Mention

The no show of the GB, and no legal representation of them or for them being made on the 11th, Is the WT simply hoping that the matter goes away for the 7 old guys? If as it is reported, an arrest warrant can be made for them if they fail to show in November, will they never be allowed to set foot on Australian soil?

Oz

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Are Australian court reporters on strike or something? I still don't get why there wouldn't be a transcript. Isn't there ALWAYS a transcript in all court sessions?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Technically, the FDS is everyone that participates in the memorial emblems at memorial time each year. They are represented by a Governing Body.

The Governing Body, however, are not only anointed ones. Recently, they have added what they call, "Helpers" to that class. These are of the earthly class. They form the various committees that have oversight in different capacities. There was a Watchtower Feb. 15, 2006 that stated that such were added to various committees since 1992.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The "Helpers" are not considered part of the Governing Body. The committees are not all GB members, only their chairmen. To be GB you have to nibble-n-sip.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

That Feb 15, 2006 WT compared them to the Nethinim, who assisted the Levite Priest during a shortage of workers at the temple. It appears that by their administrative functions they fill in the position.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit