Victoria, Australia: October 11th hearing. All five cases made it through the court...just!

by AndersonsInfo 89 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Thanks, Barbara for the update.

The legal system is a long drawn out process. One that certainly requires patience.

I think that it's great that the legal schem will be fully exposed in this exercise.

It will be interesting to see how the Society tries to spin this one.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Will this case attract any media attention in Australia? I know there were a few preliminary articles, but it sure seems like the progression of the case would generate a follow up article. Especially the judges comments about charging each member of the GB. What's the old saying. "Sunshine is the best disinfectant?"

The sun is shining in Victoria.

SIAM

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...He was NOT IMPRESSED that the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses had been refusing to comply with the Working with Children Act since July 2008. He asked for an explanation as to why they refused to comply but none was offered by their legal counsel other than "it has all been sorted out." ..."

Between them and Jehovah, no doubt...

The Watchtower Corporation's arrogance will hang them, yet.

Marking...

• smiddy
  • Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I was surprised to note that it was not even Vincent Toole at the table but an 'employee'... or is she technically a volunteer?

I'll bet she didn't sign on to be this!

Did they seriously think it would be over with a ''It's all sorted''? So daft they sent a junior?

I almost feel sorry for her but i don't.

It's like the Governing Body and Brooklyn dont give a toss and they are letting the Australian legal team get slam dunked. Perhaps they are so smug behind the multi layer corporate structure that they think they are untouchable.

Oz

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Perhaps too, Steven Unthank won't have to prosecute much more after the magistrate does his investigation and with the office of public prosecution involvement.

Fingers crossed they take it over...

Oz

• Roski
    Roski

Two questions:

How is Rachel an employee of Vincent Toole Solicitors...he is in Bethel - does he have his own business and employ Rache/others?

How long has Rachel been in Bethel? (she is no junior-at least not in intellect) Anyone who knows the answer - this is of interest.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

AussieOz, the magistrate won't make any investigations. He makes his judgment based on what evidence is presented to court. Steven has done an immense amount of work, but it still bothers me that the DPP has taken so long to come on board. If the do take it over, they could yet decide there's not enough evidence to secure a conviction (and so abandon it) or may be content that the JWs are, on paper at least, now apparently telling elders they need to get the WWC checks. I'd love to see this thing result in convictions and denunciations from a Supreme Court judge, but I still worry that it's all going to peter out through lack of government interest.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    How is Rachel an employee of Vincent Toole Solicitors...he is in Bethel - does he have his own business and employ Rache/others?

If you google him, his contact details are at the Australian Bethel branch.

I can't find anything that identifies who this Rachel van Witsen is (if that's a correct spelling of her name?). I would assume she is a Bethel volunteer who works with Vin Toole in legal matters. Presumably she has had legal training in order to be able to defend the WTS in court.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks as always Barb x

Im praying the truth will out on this whole dispicable charade.

Paula x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit