Victoria, Australia: October 11th hearing. All five cases made it through the court...just!

by AndersonsInfo 89 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• smiddy
  • Roski
    Roski

Obviously Vin Toole is in Bethel - my interest is in the reference to him with a business name as in - Vincent Toole Solicitors. If he is a bethel volunteer

(as is Rachel) I don't really understand why the business name, and how Rachel is his employee. Obviously things have changed.

There are quite a lot of references to Rachel and her academic work - which is why I wondered when she entered bethel. She has had at least one university teaching role - 2006 (Griffith University - Gold Coast campus) and other presentations/papers etc. so it would seem to me that she may have (depending on time of entry) engaged in extra curricular activity in terms of her bethal work. In any normal orgaisation this would not be a problem and more power to her for doing so (why waste intelligence), but I do also wonder - since the orgaisation is so anti education, if this would sit well with younger people who have been denied an academic education due to organisational policy.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I was under the impression that Borg attorneys practiced law privately as well as for the Watchtower corporations. I didn't think any of them actually lived at Bethel like rank and file Bethelites. Also, I thought the attorneys who work for the Watchtower got paid, just like the JW suppliers for the Regional Building Committees do. They're not volunteers, they're employees. I think. I could be wrong.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    I didn't think any of them actually lived at Bethel like rank and file Bethelites.

Paul Grundy/jwfacts might be able to shed more light on this, but Vin Toole had been a travelling CO for many years and I was under the impression he was now at Bethel (the Australian branch).

As I've said before, if you look him up on google the contact details for him are at the Australian Bethel branch.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Yes it may still run out of oomph, and this will be entirely the doing and fault of the powers that prosecute, not Steven Unthank. I doubt he could be expected to be able to do more.

If nothing comes of it save the WT belatedly complying to the satisfaction of the law, it will have been a victory. The magistrate, the DPP or whoever could well decide that seeing that the WT has finally complied it is just not worth their resources to take it further. That will be a shame as it will make the GB and Brooklyn real cocky.

I imagine Bethel aust and the legal team will then be very very arrogant and disrespectful to Steven and any other person that thinks they can take on Their "Jehovah".

Maybe the whole thing will put a bitter taste in the JWs interested in the case, enough so that they might leave too.

Oz

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If it manages to protect one child or free one person from the Borg it is worth it.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I'd say that an official letter from the Society to elders telling them to comply with the law is a wonderful victory. Absent this law suit, can anyone imagine the WT encouraging registration? The larger picture is very corporate law detailed. The result is that pedophiles will find fewer victims in JW KHs. We should have a party to celebrate!

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

someone who claims to have knowledge of the situation posted the following in topix:

"I got some more information on what this means, as was mentioned in the Unthank vs WTBTS Criminal Case on October 11, a Theological Arrangement refers to the FDS and that they have become nothing more than a 'minds imaginary friend'. Not real people or spirit beings, just a well placed mind placement for all JW's to think they are receiving some sort of instruction from a Holy Spirit appointed arrangement. WOW."

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/T58ATTI7OV7RSUQGC#c15

I would love if Barbara or someone can confirm this, because this to me is a shocker, that basicly the wts addmited in court that the faithful slave is not real.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    I'd say that an official letter from the Society to elders telling them to comply with the law is a wonderful victory

I agree. If it hadn't been for the court case, this probably would never have been done.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

There has got to be a way of getting a transcript of this hearing?

SIAM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit