Victoria, Australia: October 11th hearing. All five cases made it through the court...just!

by AndersonsInfo 89 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Shrugged
    Shrugged

"A number of the legal arguments presented by the Watch Tower Society shocked the members of the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses who were observing. This included that there is no Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses operating in the State of Victoria or in Australia."

...WTF??

Im not an expert in the law, but this seems to be a statement that is so far out there!? How could a legal representive for the WT say that it doesn´t exist a christian cong of Jw:s in the entire Australia? That´s quite laughable, the court must find that "argument" very amusing. Can someone explane this to me? :) / exjw from sweden

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Me thinks the magistrate will be smart enough to look through the WT smoke and mirrors...

seeing that the GB, all by name, are no longer without accusation, shouldn't they be standing down about now?????

How on earth would they sell that to the rank and file?!

Oz

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

This included that there is no Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses operating in the State of Victoria or in Australia.

Techically this is correct because officially they are known as The Watchower Bible and Tract Society of Australia.

According to this link http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:qAhsGtE4vysJ:www.cdi.gov.au/submissions/357-WatchtowerBibleandTractSocietyofAustralia.doc+watchtower+australia&hl=en&gl=au&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShqa1b_fSujlTKVmGFjcX1_Ba5vUp35FHuRi35cMc4nDPrw6Ny-RofDCP8LBYZwIo5Ou--0BwuRDJIvxt_5m8fnMy9vdr0qeUE-E2pxT2k6JPVzcY2Ja4d7nJakXCAQLUjYXjKf&sig=AHIEtbT-Mpncs0L9omxZVOqYf03VzcsKvQ

the WBTS of Australia is "a not-for-profit religious organisation registered under the New South Wales Companies Act 1961 as a company limited by guarantee."

The term "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses" is used for the US and a few other countries.

• Shrugged
    Shrugged

"Techically this is correct because they are known as The Watchower Bible and Tract Society of Australia."

Nevertheless they can´t dodge the fact that in reality there is active congregations of Jehovah´s Witnesses in australia. The magistrate should be able to see that the watchtower is trying to sneak through a loophole in the law to protect themselves.

• wobble
    wobble

I think the point being made by the lawyer for the WT was that no such legal entity as "The Christian Congregation ....." exists in Oz.

This will come as a shock to JW Elders in Oz if any have received letters with a heading with those words, or a signing off of such a letter, and I would not be surprised if they have, if so, who is this phantom letter writer ?

• Room 215
    Room 215

By having "sorted it all out" does she mean the JWs, now staring facing criminal charges in the face, suddenly "gotten religion" and are scrambling to comply with a law that has been three years on the books?

• Listener
    Listener

Barbara you're heading states

Victoria, Australia" October 11th hearing. All five cases made it through the court ... just

I am wondering what you meant by the 'just'?

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

From what I understand, Steven is still prosecutor although he has no training and he is waiting for the Office of Public Prosecution to take over. From what I was told, he feels inadequate for the job and under the circumstances believes he is squeaking through. As in the past, I have many questions too, but usually they are answered in time. I post information that I'm sent by someone closely involved in the case and do it immediately without taking the time to send an email asking for explanations. I've been promised, though, that more information will be sent. Yesterday, when I posted the latest events that unfolded in court, it was only an hour later after court closed. I'd say that's pretty quick.

For those who have been away from the organization for many years, I'll explain a little about The Christian Congregation of JWs. From what I've learned, world-wide the Watch Tower has been directing its affairs using the name, Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. In the US, this corporation was established in 2000 in NY. I have purchased the charter. Since then other branches of JWs send out BOE and letters to the congregations under that name. This has been true in Australia as well as most European countries.

I'm as anxious as the next person on this board to know what was revealed in court about the "true legal and religious identity of the FDS" and as soon as I find out, you'll know too.

Barbara

• strypes
    strypes

I watched a video on youtube about the FDS earlier today. It was very good. I will see if I can find it again.

• strypes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit