Victoria, Australia: October 11th hearing. All five cases made it through the court...just!

by AndersonsInfo 89 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

I doubt there would be a transcript. It wasn't a trial, it was a mentions hearing, which is purely administrative process, setting dates for the next hearing and working out where it fits in the legal system.

It's quite possible someone from the WTS side made a reference to the FDS being a theological arrangement -- they are happy to use the words "theolological" and "denomination" when they're forced to in a legal setting but avoid using them in their literature because it demeans their sense of divine appointment.

However I don't for a moment think that they would have referred to it as an imaginary friend. The rest of the quote referring to "a well placed mind placement" etc is clearly the thinking of someone who is an opponent of the WTS, possibly lifted from a web forum.

• Gayle
    Gayle

There's a June 8, 2011 Hearing Transcript that is interesting on: jwNews.net

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I checked out the information on http://www.jwnews.net/. I thought that it was interesting that the lawyer for the WTBTS said that the Faithful and Discreet Slave did not exist. I thought that the title FDS was applied to the GB. I know that the lawyer was just keeping the GB out of trouble be saying that the FDS does not exist, but how would the R&F view the lawyer's statement. If the WTBTS' lawyers really want to prevent warrents from being issued for GB members, I guess the GB, or its legal representatives, will be at the 11/08/11 hearing according to the information on jwnews.net for Case Number B12083527.

Case Number: B12083367

Acting Prosecutor: Mr Steven Unthank

Accused: FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE

Legal argument for the accused was presented by lawyers representing the Watchtower Society, including that the accused did not exist.

An application was made by the Crown (the Director of Public Prosecutions) for an adjournment for four weeks so that Victoria Police could complete an investigation and so that the Crown can prepare to take over the case.

Results: The Magistrate conferred with Mr Unthank who approved the request made by the Crown. The case was adjourned for four weeks.

Next Court hearing date: 08 November 2011

Hearing Type: Mention

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

"Legal argument for the accused was presented by lawyers representing the Watchtower Society, including that the accused (Faithful & Discreet Slave) did not exist."

I am floored, i am not floored by much, but this for me is fall off the couch worthy.

Here the watchtower is either admitting that the fds is a bunch of BS, or they are telling one of the most blatant lies in their history.

whats next? Jehovah's witness dont engage in the field ministry? Jehovah doesnt exist? lol

wow.

i know that the majority of stuff we can present to JW's will go in one ear and out the other, but THIS is so crazy, that I cant imagine that some JW's who read this wont wake up or at the very least get their "bell rung" so to speak.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

The material above is not a transcript. It is the observations of someone in the court for the purposes of Unthank's website.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I'll bet my nuts the members of the Governing Body do not turn up at the next session!

Oz

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Legal argument for the accused was presented by lawyers representing the Watchtower Society, including that the accused did not exist.

Interesting. I would think that the defense was that the accused cannot indivdually be identified as they are a composite group, or some other such BS.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yes, we all now know that the FDS does not exist. But I doubt there would be such a straightforward admission from a Society lawyer. Can you imagine the Society's lawyer telling the judge:

Well actually your Honor, the FDS doesn't exist. We just made it up. But please don't tell anyone, especially all the faithful JWs because they really, really believe in it and finding out there is no FDS would just break their little hearts. It's kind of like Santa Clause. You remember how you felt when you found out there isn't a Santa Clause don't you? Now you wouldn't want to do that to them, would you? Have a heart.

I suspect it is more likely this web reference from jwNews.net summarizes something more along the lines of the fact that, from a legal perspective, the FDS is a non-entity. This would be in contrast to of course individuals and also the well-established principle that corporations are recognized as legal entities. The FDS naturally has no legal status. Rather it is a "religious concept," albeit a false one. But again, I'd seriously doubt they would admit that in court. But then again there is always the Walsh Court Case ... you never know!

The New Pharisees strike again!!!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Of course there will be a transcript. The June 8 meeting had a transcript, and so do depositions, so why wouldn't these hearings?

I, too, am looking forward to the exact quote from the Borg attorney. I can see them trying to sell the fact that the FDS is some sort of "religious concept" and not an actual group of identifiable people. Anyone remember how long it was between the June 8 hearing and the publication of the transcript?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Theocratic Warfare.

The faithful rank & file love how Jehovah's Organization is able to deceive the Governments of the world that are under Satan's control. No matter the outcome, the Organization spins this stuff in talks by C.O.'s and D.O.'s to show how Jehovah's hand was in the matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit