I just can't do this anymore

by Awen 82 Replies latest jw experiences

• d
    d

I am going through a period of change myself. Being an atheist for me is one of the most liberating experiences.religion is just a tool of control used by men.I no longer fear the devil becuase he is imaginary just like God.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Awen- I don't know what to believe anymore either.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

A well considered and written opinion Awen

In my search, I have come to believe that if all people were personally responsible for their thoughts, actions and feelings, their would be no need for the symbolic "parents" that have been conceived by our subconscious to keep us surviving as a species. The great freedom of realising there are no gods comes with the great responsibility that we are the creators of our reality....

• cult classic
    cult classic

The greatest relief of my life came when I accepted that I just didn't have the answers. And I've been fine ever since.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

AWEN, I haven't got a clue myself. Not going to worry about it either, as there is no PASS/FAIL test at the end of this thing, whatever it is. Just remember, we're all in this together.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

It is a problem. If you think about it all, and use the same judgement and decision-making skills that you use for everything else, then the only conclusion reached is that there are no answers, only more questions. So those 'worldy people' were right all along- eat, drink and be merry. Exploring spirituality is still worthwhile IMO though: but as a life-long process exploring community and creation- it's a question of finding balance in a changing world.

• nateb
    nateb

Congratulations!

• mamalove
    mamalove

There is a certain humility in saying "I don't know." I think it is appropriate considering how small we are in the universe. At least you gave it a thorough chance in research. Perhaps something will come along later and evolve your thinking, but as long as you are a kind hearted person, who treats others with dignity, and respect, that is a great start.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I do not have the time to read your entire post but want to latter. I have always admired how you write and your take on this board.
    LITS

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Thanks for that marvelous post Awen.

I have enjoyed and still do, the journey's played out here by others. Some do have the honesty to say ''i got it wrong'', or ''i just don't know''.

You have also given me fuel to investigate things you have, to better understand the history of religion.

At the end of the day, hold your head up high because you have tried your hardest to make sense of it all. There is no shame in discovering it makes no sense!

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit