I just can't do this anymore

by Awen 82 Replies latest jw experiences

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Consider that more blood has been shed in the name of god than anything else. More anguish has been brought about because of god than any other single means in our history.
    People say we shouldn't blame god because it is our actions that cause these problems.
    Well to those I say "where is god?" When I was thirsting and hungry why did you not feed me? When innocent people were being killed by tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes etc...where was god? When my friends turned on me because I left the cult I was in, where was god to comfort me?

Please don't take this the wrong way but how are you suppose to "hear" God through all that "noise".

Seems like you have already Judged and condemed Him.

• Awen
    Awen

@ PSac

Seems like you have already Judged and condemed Him.

In the Bible we are reminded time and again that it's through God's grace that we are deemed worthy of Him. Yet we as a race have been waiting for 6,000 years for Him to act. I say "god" isn't worthy of us.

Many of us served god whole-souled with every bit of our strength, love and mind yet never received an answer to our prayers. We received no intervention in our lives. It has to be within God's will for him to help us. What parent would treat their children like this? What human parent would allow their child to suffer only so that the parent's name could be magnified? How unscrupulous is that? There is not a single parent that I know of, who when their child is sick wouldn't do everything in their power to ease their child's pain. Yet we get.....nothing.

So to me god is like an abusive parent. One could say that because god created us we owe him. But even us lowly humans realize that you can't make someone love you if they have no love to give. Many of us have dealt with abusive parents and no matter how hard we tried there was no pleasing them. We were never good enough, faithful enough or whatever. God's silence all these thousands of years seem to be indicative of the same thing. What made the Hebrews in the Bible so good (even though God called them stiff-necked) that God would appear in a burning bush, or part the Red Sea, speak from a windstorm? These are just stories with no factual basis. There is no place where a "miracle" occurred that we can go back and say "look God was here." The stories in the Bible are just myths like every other religion. Almost no one serves the Egyptian gods or the Roman ones, or the Greek. Christianity is still young and I think eventually it will go the way of the Dodo bird. I say good riddance!

@ Shelby

It's not a lie. It's an opinion. Just because the scriptures say JXXXXXXXXX is the Son of God etc doesn't make it true. You can (as I used to) quote scripture all day long but until there is hard factual evidence that I can put my hands on (like Thomas wanting to see the wounds in JXXXXXX' hands) I think the stories about JXXXXXX are just that. Made up stories. No different than the ones in any other religion. You know as well as I that there exists no factual proof that the man called Jesus (and please don't contend with me on his proper name, you know we're talking about the same person) ever existed. People once believed in Ra, Osiris, Thoth etc as real people too yet we know they're just archetype made up to explain unknown phenomenon. I just can't go on fooling myself and hoping that it's all true when there is nothing but circumstancial evidence in the form of copies of ancient texts that often contradict themselves whose authorship is even in doubt.

Just because people believed in someone and died defending that person (1st Century Christian martyrs) does not mean the person they believed in actually existed. The same exact thing can be said for Ra, Zeus, Quezacoatl and so on. All through our history people have lived and died for various gods and always been disappointed. I see no difference between them and us except the difference in time and how far we have advanced scientifically.

I'd more likely believe that the human race was seeded by an alien intelligence (circumstancial evidence also) and who is just waiting for us to mature than for an omnipotent, omnipresence god who is either incompentent or just doesn't give a darn.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    In the Bible we are reminded time and again that it's through God's grace that we are deemed worthy of Him. Yet we as a race have been waiting for 6,000 years for Him to act. I say "god" isn't worthy of us.

What "act" have you ben waiting on for 6000 years?

Many of us served god whole-souled with every bit of our strength, love and mind yet never received an answer to our prayers. We received no intervention in our lives. It has to be within God's will for him to help us. What parent would treat their children like this? What human parent would allow their child to suffer only so that the parent's name could be magnified? How unscrupulous is that? There is not a single parent that I know of, who when their child is sick wouldn't do everything in their power to ease their child's pain. Yet we get.....nothing.

I am sorry you feel that way, truly.

So to me god is like an abusive parent. One could say that because god created us we owe him. But even us lowly humans realize that you can't make someone love you if they have no love to give. Many of us have dealt with abusive parents and no matter how hard we tried there was no pleasing them. We were never good enough, faithful enough or whatever. God's silence all these thousands of years seem to be indicative of the same thing. What made the Hebrews in the Bible so good (even though God called them stiff-necked) that God would appear in a burning bush, or part the Red Sea, speak from a windstorm? These are just stories with no factual basis. There is no place where a "miracle" occurred that we can go back and say "look God was here." The stories in the Bible are just myths like every other religion. Almost no one serves the Egyptian gods or the Roman ones, or the Greek. Christianity is still young and I think eventually it will go the way of the Dodo bird. I say good riddance!

Like I said, it seems that you have judged God and He has come up wanting ( to say the very least).

You have made your choice, as we all do and you have chosen that, based on your experience, that God doesn't exist, is that correct?

• Awen
    Awen

I'm not saying a God doesn't exist.

I'm saying that the God described in the Bible doesn't fit what we are told He is (Love).

His actions or rather inaction seems to contradict the very nature of the definition of love that Paul gave in 1 Cor. 13 4-8 "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails"

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I'm not saying a God doesn't exist.

I'm saying that the God described in the Bible doesn't fit what we are told He is (Love).

His actions or rather inaction seems to contradict the very nature of the definition of love that Paul gave in 1 Cor. 13 4-8 "

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails"

Oh I agree, it does seem that this "YHWH" doesn't quite add up to how God is supposedly revealed in Christ, does it?

• AGuest
    AGuest

But you KNOW this, dear Awen (again, the greatest of love and peace to you!). Which is WHY He sent His Son... to BEAR WITNESS TO THE TRUTH about Him. Certainly, that One "fit" what we are told He is (love). That folks continue CHOOSING to look to the Bible... rather than looking to Christ... is on WHO?

Look, I am not trying to [re]convince you of anything, dear one. Each one must choose for himself/herself who they will follow. Nor do I have anything "against" anyone who chooses differently from me... not at all. I am concerned, however, given all of the lies told as to the Most Holy One of Israel thus far... particularly those by those who claim to "know"... when I see/hear yet another. It is just not "in" me to say nothing, when it falsely accuses. God, Christ... even you, dear one.

Perhaps it's more about loyalty than about faith (although faith certainly is involved)... but lies are lies. And your statement wasn't presented as an opinion... but as a "fact." Please forgive me if my "correction" offended - I only meant to set the matter straight... as you would have done, at one time. That you no longer feel... ummmm... compelled to do so... is okay. But surely you understand that just because YOU have lost your faith (or come to a certain "epiphany"), all have not/will not.

So, if my attempting to set a misstated opinion correct offended you, I apologize; however, I have to let you know (and certainly you DO know) that I did nothing to intentionally offend, but only to correct that misstatement.

Again, I bid you peace... and love. Because, as with JWs... I do not constitute one as MY enemy, simply because we disagree... even if one constitutes me as theirs due to such disagreement(s).

YOUR servant... because I will always be a servant to those of the Household of God, Israel... even if they don't know who they are... deny who they are... or don't believe they are who they are... and those who go with...

And a slave of Christ,

SA

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

That is okay, because I worship Jesus Christ and He is everything that He claims to be.

I also did not understand before I had His Spirit.

When my friends turned on me because I left the cult I was in, where was god to comfort me?

Sorry I don't know how to quote. I don't understand why things work out the way they do. He is here to comfort me, and I am so thankful.

• Awen
    Awen

Ok Shelby then answer me this.

IF we don't look to the Bible, how are we supposed to know anything at all about Christ?

Without referencing the Bible (either in scripture or lesson) how are we supposed to know how to pray, to ask for guidance, to ask for Holy Spirit, to know what God's and or Christ's purpose is?

Also I mean no disrespect towards you but I still disagree. I am stating my opinion on these matters borne out of my own experiences. Whether they are fact or fiction remains to be seen but they are still MY opinion based upon MY experiences and YOUR opinion does not invalidate them because YOUR experiences are different.

So again I ask you to tell me who God and Christ are without using the Bible as a reference since as you say we shouldn't look to the Bible for the answers.

• Awen
    Awen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7rBQvB5310

This video makes more sense to me than anything that has ever been posted on these forums in regard to God and or religion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKjWVf0aUks&feature=relate

Part two has some of the same information as part one, but with some extra information after timestamp 2:04

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Ok Shelby then answer me this.

If I can, dear Awen (again, the greatest of love and peace to you!)...

IF we don't look to the Bible, how are we supposed to know anything at all about Christ?

The same way Moses, David, and others like them did. From Christ, himself. Through holy spirit. Things only began to be put IN writing, dear one... when Israel LOST faith. When they began to walk... by sight... and so NEEDED to see things "in writing". As most do, today (yet, wonder why they don't hear - their own eyes are in their way!).

Without referencing the Bible (either in scripture or lesson) how are we supposed to know how to pray, to ask for guidance, to ask for Holy Spirit, to know what God's and or Christ's purpose is?

By going directly to the Source. By "drinking" at the Source. Versus "downstream", where the "water" has been "polluted" (by whatever means)... and after it has passed through various "towns" and "cities"... that have either added their "waste" and other pollutants... or stripped the water of all nutrients. Pure water is always better than that which has been either "enhanced"... or "diluted"... by some means or another, dear one.

Also I mean no disrespect towards you but I still disagree.

And I take no disrespect from it, dear one, truly. I understand what you're going through, dear Awen... and why. Surely, you had to know that I would ask...

I am stating my opinion on these matters borne out of my own experiences.

Which is all you can do; however, that doesn't mean your opinions are accurate, right? Especially under the circumstances.

Whether they are fact or fiction remains to be seen but they are still MY opinion based upon MY experiences and YOUR opinion does not invalidate them because YOUR experiences are different.

You are right. However, again, you made an inaccurate statement. Now, that you can no longer put faith in the truth of what I shared is absolutely okay. It's something you have to deal with... and apparently you are. Wonderful for you! But that shouldn't preclude me from trying to set the record straight, does it?

So again I ask you to tell me who God and Christ are without using the Bible as a reference since as you say we shouldn't look to the Bible for the answers.

God, whose name is JAH "who causes/breathes armies - of spirit beings - to become/come into existence"... is the Being, the ultimate energy Source... who... because of His "love" (for the spirit realm, "Jerusalem Above", "Sarah"... the "Woman")... brought a Son (a slightly "lesser" being... whose name means "JAH saves/is salvation") into existence to share it all with. That love further perpetuated... and so more was created FOR that Son. Now, I do not state this because I read it [in the Bible]; I do so because that is what the latter (the Son) told me of it (as he was telling me how "God" TRULY is).

There is more, of course, and a good deal of it. ALL of which, although written, is not necessarily written in the Bible. Since you only asked who these two are, however... I have only responded to that. Please note, dear one... I do not look to the Bible to corroborate what my Lord tells me; I look to my Lord to corroborate what the Bible... and other writings... claim. Or what others claim they claim... or claim what it states "means."

I hope this helps, dear one... and I truly understand if it does not. Again, I am NOT trying to convince or reconvince you of ANYTHING. I can't. You don't belong to me. I am only a servant and, again, only attempt to correct a misstatement. You don't agree with that correction - okay - again, no illwill nor has my love decreased. Certainly, it hasn't failed. Just keepin' it real, is all.

Again, the greatest of love and peace to you!

YOUR servant... and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit