Overlapping generation segment on the new Circuit Assembly program

by traveb 71 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I like best how AGENT ZERO expressed it... basically many know it's all bullshit, but at this point, who wants to just throw it all away. I think this describes my wife to a T.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

At the end of the demo:

Brother weak: "Thanks brother ******, this makes it clearer. I guess I need to do a little research on my own to really fully understand this"

Brother understanding: "Well good."

Is the society sanctioning JW's researching this subject on their own?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you listen to Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First?" enough times, you might figure out and remember the routine.

But do you start believing this is an actual ballteam at some point? NO WAY!

People know what this overlap nonsense is if they are paying any attention. They are only keeping the ones who pay it no attention convinced that it is right.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

@Drewcoul, yeah, I love that closing comment ... "It makes it more clear, but I need to do more research." Uh, so is it clear or not? Did that discussion of Fred Franz living nearly 100 years actually explain it or not? And where will you do your research? Admit it, mate, it just can't be understood. And why?

2:01 on the audio: "We have to readjust our understanding of what a generation is." And why do they have to readjust? Simple: because the previous "understanding" meant that those who had formed that generation were now at least 107 years old, and so the doctrine was therefore proved WRONG.

The "old understanding" was actually pretty clear, and it made sense in a Watchtower way. "The generation that saw the events of 1914 will not pass away before Armageddon comes." That's clear enough. But when the passing of time makes it clear that the doctrine was WRONG, they need to face facts and say, "Hey, we goofed. If Jesus was talking about a generation alive at the time of Armageddon, then tying it in with the 1914 date was clearly WRONG. If we got that WRONG then we probably got a lot of other stuff WRONG."

But they're too proud to admit they're WRONG. Instead of dismantling their doctrine, they have decided to redefine a fairly basic English word and then force that to fit their doctrine. They can talk all they like at conventions about the lives of old anointed men overlapping the lives of young anointed men. But sorry, that doesn't make them one generation, and anyone with half a brain knows that. I am not the same generation as my grandfather even though were were both alive together for all of the 1960s.

That presentation had excellent actors, but I doubt even they believe it.

• life is to short
  • wannabefree
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Thanks for this info. They are so wrong with "This Generation". Took the place of Jesus. "Jesus told us that the NWT cover is green. Allthough it's black, it is green beacuse we say so".

Nice to see how fast information spread on the internet. The demo audio file is added to, thanx.

Gorby

• Gayle
    Gayle

The audio of the "demo" has been "seized."

I looked it up to hear again, but this comes up now.

Maybe the recording is some where else now?

• Listener
    Listener

They have assumed that 'generation' and 'passed away' refers to people's lives but is this correct?

The scripture states 'this generation will not pass away until all these things have occurred'

It cannot be overlapping generations because Jesus said THIS generation.

It could never have referred to people because according to the JWs there will be survivors after Armageddon but the scripture states that these people would pass away (although not until the signs had occurred). There may be many that die at Armageddon but there will be some who do not making this scripture irrelevant to a generation of people.

There is an interesting post on another forum (e-jehovahswitnesses) that says it is important to look at the meaning of the original greek word for generation. The poster said that it can refer to 'an age' or period of time and that when you look at the context it makes sense that it refers to the period of time in which the signs occur. Therefore it could be seen that Jesus was reconfirming that all the signs would certainly occur in an identifiable age/era/period of time/generation and it was not until all these things occurred with certainty that there would be an end to it.

It is a simple explanation and does not conflict with the meaning of the wicked generation of Noah's day. I think this posters views have a lot of credibility and if the GB had thought of it they wouldn't be in such a mess.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

"Maybe they will overlap the C.A." ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

No, the rank and file are still grumbling, even with J. R. Alley Cat C.O.s confusing clarification of this. One C.O. I will not mention said "you people need to get over this, this concept is not that diffucult to understand, remeber the movie "Titantic", no I mean the "Titanic Ship that crashed into an iceberg? How many of you were alive? Nobody raised their hand, Ok, How many of you were born when the Titanic hit the iceberg? Nobody raised their hand. "How many of you knew somebody that was born when the Titanic crashed?" A few hands were raised in the audience "Well, we are now getting somewhere." This madness left most of the Hall, more confused than the C.O. had anticipated! Such a clear distortion of Jesus Christ's words, is driving the RF nuts.

How many times in field service were we told "First born" does not mean "born first" by those trying to dismantle scriptures that prove Jesus was a created entity. Beating up the word and concept of "generation" will not make this dogma work, it's wreaking havoc and not sustainable as a JW teaching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit