Overlapping generation segment on the new Circuit Assembly program

by traveb 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I think a lot of people are gradually realising (althought not admiting to themselves) that the 1914 jig is up.

I'm hearing these type of comments from my uber organisation loyal pioneer 'friends' re the generation change:

"I'm not serving with a date in mind anyway", and "Even if it's wrong, it's still the best way to live".

There's a tactit acceptance that the overlapping generation theory is a bunch of crap, and at this point I think it would be a relief to the 20-40 something JWs if the society would can the 1914 doctrine entirely. To be honest I don't know why they don't, the older generation of JWs are too invested in the religion, and too depressed about the end not being here to leave anyway.

By older generation, I am of course, using the actual meaning of the word generation.

• agent zero
    agent zero

that will be an interesting part to see! more and more it seems they have to reach for anything at all that might work. are they getting desperate?

maybe the mental shield will go up quicker for some as Sir82 mentioned, but i suspect this constant need to justify themselves will get more to think. especially if it's being said from the stage that "it changes every year".. perhaps ones who never thought about it before will notice "hey yeah, it does change all the time!"

either way, i'm sure these kind of assembly parts are in part direct answers to this forum, just like last weeks hot topic WT study's "more interested in gods unfolding purpose than in shielding themselves from criticism." it has come down to this rediculous plea to hang on to on-the-fence members.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Wow, this is tremendous. I can't EVER remember in thirty years of dubbery anything like this. A sketch on an assembly about someone that doesn't understand their latest change. I believe it's unprecedented.

• agent zero
    agent zero
    "I'm not serving with a date in mind anyway", and "Even if it's wrong, it's still the best way to live".

i too hear so many of those type of remarks. it's as if they know it's wrong, or just dont care whether it's right or wrong, they just don't want to be disturbed in their pattern of life.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

The entire foundation of the religion is based on 1914 / generation teaching. With this being built on sand, they realize that MOST can't explain the double-speak. Although this may be just for clarification, or it may be a precursor to another change.

• agent zero
    agent zero
    A sketch on an assembly about someone that doesn't understand their latest change. I believe it's unprecedented.

i think the generation change didn't go over as smoothly as they expected. they thought they could sneak it in there casually, on the 16th paragraph i think it was of a WT study that wasn't even about that, and a mention at the closing talk of the next assembly. but in reality, changing the entire definition of a common word is too far-fetched, and also people use the internet now. so, i'll bet they wished they had never brought it up, but now the damage is done.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I agree Baltar. I don't recall it ever happening before. And remember, this overlapping generation doctrine was revealed TWO YEARS ago and it is STILL a problem for the rank and file (making it a problem for the GB).

• Lost-In-Translation
    Lost-In-Translation

Of course the GB monitors the JW.NET boards. They can clearly see the enormous volume of chatter regarding the inexplicable "generation." To address the discontent directly in a demonstration in my opinion is unprecedented. I cannot recall ever seeing a skit where a brother in good standing would bring up his doubts about something that taught at the Convention. I believe that even within the wall of Bethel there have been many who just cannot get their heads around the "new light." The skit is a way to address the problem.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

They monitor this forum???

HEY GOVERNING BODY! MESSAGE FOR YOU!

Why dont you start teaching the whole truth from the bible instead of half truths which you cherry pick and missapply to cover up your failed prophecies and rather stupid doctrines!!!

Timmy x :)

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Yeah!!! We had our assembly earlier this month. That part (demo) was so dumb...and the funny thing about it was watching people nod their heads in agreement as if they understood that crap. Even the way it was said then is still confusing. They need the GENERATION to keep the SLAVE CLASS going. Plain and simple. If they don't understand that,...then they are just dumb. End of story. The GB need it in order to maintain control. It was wrong from the beginning of the doctrine to now.

This is what happens when you MAKE UP a doctrine and then find a scripture to back up the doctrine. Instead of basing a doctrine on scripture.

I hope the Governments squash the Watchtower. Send them to FEMA camps and end them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit