Overlapping generation segment on the new Circuit Assembly program

by traveb 71 Replies latest jw friends

• red21
    red21

I was bugged by canceling the BS arrangment. It was one of our five fingers for holding on and the only source of meeting in the future during persecution. They fully admit they are not inspired but they act like they are. It is shame so many mistakes have been made...but I would mind the mistakes as much if they could simply admit it, appologize and move on...but always it is new light...and even if someone realized the new light well ahead of them...makes no difference, they are apostate or unfaithful. Just a strange situation they create.

• agonus
    agonus

Well at least they're acknowledging it "changes every year"... So did they explain exactly HOW it becomes "crystal clear" after review? Like, say, I don't know, put an actual number of years to it?

Where is that audio clip of Splane's exposition of the overlap? Can somebody post it here and tell me how what he says becomes "crystal clear" upon repeated listening?

I would LOVE to hear some audio of this skit. I also understand that one of the recent dramas had one of the youngsters acknowledging "people say we're a cult" or something to that effect...

I have to say, this is a surprising turn of events. They're letting on that they realize the brotherhood is waking up.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

It did seem like they were taking some of the apostate subjects head-on at the 2-day Assembly. Perhaps this is their new preemptive warfare tactic ... like the recent 607 articles.

Obviously the efforts put forth by the good people here and elsewhere are forcing the Organization to be reactive.

• agonus
    agonus

The WT should take a hint from Steely Dan and move to dissolve the corporation in a pool of margaritas ;-)

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The Bible teaches that predictions spoken in God's name which do not come true are evidence that the prophet really does not speak for God. The Lord's people are commanded not to "fear” this prophet. In fact, under the Old Testament law, this prophet was sentenced to death. The Society has a clear understanding of Deuteronomy 18.

Deuteronomy 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

The Society has held onto 1914 for almost a century as the "final curtain" for the wicked system of things, soon to be followed by co existence with God on a paradise earth. In anticipation of this, thousands have sold their homes, given up careers or job advances. They have given up higher education for a lower-paying job and a leaner and more “Godly” way of life. Others have forfeited marriages and having children to devote more of their time to the Watchtower. Many others have bitten the bullet and gone out on cold and rainy days or night to preach and distribute the twisted words of a few antiquated old geezers from Brooklyn who amazingly control the minds of millions. And for many of the old timers whose hopes have shattered when they found out that all that comes form Brooklyn is not inspired from God. But many have opened the Trojan Horse and found only silly old men gazing into a crystal ball and prophesizing. Let's hope that all who cry out for help find the love of God, manifest in Jesus.

If the Jehovah’s Witness’ believe that they are “Jehovah’s Chosen Organization” who have only “Kingdom interest” then they should stand “shoulder to shoulder” and accept that the WTS and its originators, have over the years been laying brick on top of brick to build this great wall of lies known as the doctrine of 1914, to keep them separate from THE ONLY TRUTH THAT WILL LEAD THEM TO ETERNAL LIFE.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

This is too funny. I can see another mass exodus coming soon just like the one in the 90's, right after the first generation change. I knew many that left the tower within that year, citing the generation change for the major reason.

If this is being addressed again, no doubt it is still a hot button topic with the jdubs.

Best laugh of my day the quote "evidently Jesus meant"..........lol

• agonus
    agonus

Well, "Mentally Diseased" IS identical to the terminology used by those paragons of mental health, Freddie & The Gang (minus obvious raving lunatic Ray Franz), during the Great Apostasy purge of the early 1980s... see "Crisis of Conscience"...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its quite obvious to most intelligent people that the WTS and its hierarchal leaders have been twisting and spinning the words of Jesus to serve

their own perceived needs as a self proclaimed and guided spiritual food givers.

When one pronouncement wanes itself out of its usefulness a new one is created in its place

only in time for that one to loose its potential value.

Do you think the WTS will finally admit that 1914 was all a calculated misguided fraud presented and created with

the commercial intension to draw the publics interest to the WTS literature and to the organizational leaders themselves?

As its known 1914 and the end times doctrine is one of the biggest and most important to the WTS.

It was used to literally scare people into submission to work and support the WTS in its operations in publishing distribution and financial interests

for almost a century.

• sir82
    sir82

They kepp harping at this point - it was a central point in the past 2 DCs and now it's a part of the CA program.

They don't do this with other illogical, inconsistent doctrines of theirs such as blood fractions.

They're getting feedback from somewhere that people are complaining about it.

What I'd like to know is, where are they getting that feedback from?

Doesn't seem likely that it is CO reports, which are most often quite vague & general (e.g. "congregation as a whole shows a good spirit but needs to improve in meeting attendance").

Is it letters to the Society from publishers asking for explanations?

Are they reacting to apostate website "chatter"? Noticing that an increasing number of still-active JWs are posting here and elsewhere?

They seem to be trying to "inoculate" the still-loyal JWs. After hearing this demo, if anyone hears another "brother" complaining about the ever-shifting definition changes, their "mental shields" will go up that much quicker, shutting down their minds and preventing them from thinking about it.

• life is to short
    life is to short

thetrueone

What you wrote here is so very true but also sad when you truly think it through.

("The Society has held onto 1914 for almost a century as the "final curtain" for the wicked system of things, soon to be followed by co existence with God on a paradise earth. In anticipation of this, thousands have sold their homes, given up careers or job advances. They have given up higher education for a lower-paying job and a leaner and more "Godly" way of life. Others have forfeited marriages and having children to devote more of their time to the Watchtower. Many others have bitten the bullet and gone out on cold and rainy days or night to preach and distribute the twisted words of a few antiquated old geezers from Brooklyn who amazingly control the minds of millions. And for many of the old timers whose hopes have shattered when they found out that all that comes form Brooklyn is not inspired from God. But many have opened the Trojan Horse and found only silly old men gazing into a crystal ball and prophesizing. Let's hope that all who cry out for help find the love of God, manifest in Jesus.")

I was one of those who went out on rainy days and nights. I spent a tons of money on gas and car repairs. I did not have children as I would soon be able to have them in the new system. Now I am too old to have them. I lived in some really bad places to give more time to the preaching work.

I gave my life to this religion only to be kicked aside when I could not understand something. That something was why child rapist were kept hidden. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO KNOW who they are.

All my life's work shot down and thrown away because I can not accept this.

I loved the way you said that once we have opened the Trojan Horse we just found silly old men gazing into a crystal ball and prophesizing.

I think for everyone it takes one thing to wake them up. For me it was child molesters, for others it is 607-587, for other the overlapping generation, being in bed with the UN, etc.

What ever it is once you open the Trojan Horse it is all over. It is just hard to realize you lost the best years of your life.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit