Overlapping generation segment on the new Circuit Assembly program

by traveb 71 Replies latest jw friends

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

" Perhaps this is their new preemptive warfare tactic ... like the recent 607 articles."

Can someone point me to what they said?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Just a few thoughts and comments:

• "Even if it's wrong, it's still the best way to live." - Really? What happened to the importance of "accurate knowledge" and worshipping in "spirit and truth"? - Colossians 1:9, John 4:24
    • "Evidently Jesus meant ... " - Now this is just so stupid it's hard to believe the GB would even say this. C'mon, "evidently Jesus meant" the common word GENERATION meant something different that it usually does! Why? Well the only "evidence" is that the WT's lame predictions about "The End" have not come true. So it couldn't possibly be that the WT/GB is wrong, so "evidently" Jesus meant something other that what those simple, plain words normally mean.
    • "Then they reviewed their convention notes and now everything is crystal clear" - What? Are they kidding?!? It didn't make sense the first time, but when they reviewed the brother's notes it became "crystal clear". They should get that brother on the Writing Committee ASAP because "evidently" his notes are more clear than John Barr, Bethel Speakers and the WT publications!!!
    • "I'm not serving with a date in mind anyway" - Good, but everyone should serve with a MIND in mind. Think people, does this "overlapping-generation" stuff make any sense? Of course not. If it did then the GBs wouldn't be putting on these lame damage-control parts. This leads to ....
    • "It's hard to understand" - No it isn't. It's IMPOSSIBLE to understand because it is stupid, illogical and without any scriptural or secular basis other than the fact that "The End" has not yet come. (See #2 above)

Gotta' feel sorry for all those still in struggling to be loyal and obedient, but not yet aware of the fact that they're being misled.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Whatever it is, once you open the Trojan Horse it is all over. It is just hard to realize you lost the best years of your life.

For folks as yourself Life is too Short, I have the greatest empathy for you for staying faithfully devoted to a cause which for all intents

purposes was a pretentious exploitive fraud. The recent attempt by the WTS. to put a band-aid on This Generation problem has once again stirred

up some controversy within the organization itself. Some JWs are indeed questioning this new change in doctrine, most likely out of the fact that the

bible says " This Generation " not " These Generation(s) " Whatever way you look at it the WTS have cornered themselves up against a wall with

their solely created 1914 doctrine, its been a long drawn out but useful doctrine that worked well for the organization.

As we now close past a century past that date, the WTS's have a pertaining problem on their hands and that is how do they revise this doctrine

to hold on to their self identifying god uses their organization to channel his spiritual food to all mankind proclamation .

Quite frankly I think they are in a pickle because after a century and 2014 passes people are going to realize that

" This generation or generation(s) " as mentioned by the WTS. who lived in the previous century were not the people

who witnessed anything relevant to Jesus's own teachings, which really puts a black mark across the face of the WTS.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Hey GB, how about:

• "Evidently ... we have no idea what Jesus meant."
    • "Evidently ... We were wrong and we humbly apologize for our error. Anyone that left the "Truth", disassociated themselves or was disfellowshipped over this doctrine will have their shunning lifted immediately."

Or, more likely:

• "Evidently ... some of the Rank & File are on to us, but ...."
    • "Evidently ... most loyal JWs will still believe any damn thing we say. He guys, let's see how far we can push this, let's have some REAL fun with it!"
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

i_drank_the_wine

Here's a link http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/216311/1/When-Was-Ancient-Jerusalem-Destroyed-Part-I

I strongly suggest taking a look what I said about this situation and have a look at JWfacts link of information left there as well.

Not to mention Doug Mason's link

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

I found it quite telling that these demos were actually provided as a manuscript from the branch, to be delivered verbatim at the assembly.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Then they reviewed their convention notes and now everything is crystal clear" - What? Are they kidding?!? It didn't make sense the first time, but when they reviewed the brother's notes it became "crystal clear".

It became crystal clear once they were informed that they were about to be disfellowshipped for apostacy (just believing doctrine contrary to what the WTS teaches is apostacy, it does not mean one has to advocate or teach different doctrine).

DOC

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

So, who is going to film the skit and post it for us to see?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I'm actually looking forward to the next CA now. What will be interesting to me is seeing my BIL's reaction to this skit since he has openly criticized the new generation thing (he thinks the generation came and went in Jesus day). Should prove interesting and I hope it shakes him up a little.

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

Makes me wonder, as well, if the any of the brothers performing this skit went into it thinking "Cool! Now maybe I'll understand what the hell they were talking about..." and then left going "huh?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit