Today's Watchtower Lesson Really Bothered Me...

by dontplaceliterature 83 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yeah, the illustration of the kid with his bags was just precious. How loving. And they wonder 'Why are there no more brothers to be MSs and elders?'....

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Even though it was the Wt. study for the week. It sounds like the elders in your hall feel there is a problem with this and made a point to really bring it out forcefully to the R&F. Just wondering. Totally ADD

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Bothered me too. Presented as a talk at CA. Very disturbing.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

After reading blonde's post i thought wow the wtbs is not mincing words their making it perfectly clear no ambiguity about what they expect family members to do about those who have left. No one can use the "they never said that" They want to be sure they ruin people's lives destroying family bonds.

It makes you want to cry especially that squirmy statement about those DEAR parents

I hope people bolt out the door and run away from them as fast as they can.

• Ding
    Ding

Sounds like the study conductor was longing for the "good old days" of stoning...

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

This article is truly absurd and repulsive!! When will the sheeple wake up?!? It goes against our inate morals and instinctual love!! I feel so horrible for having followed, even in the half ass scale way i did, this horrible dogmatic teaching! How can they ridicule all the other religions for their "weird" "unscriptural" teachings and allow this antichristianic mandate to exist?!?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder what Jesus would have done if he would have been in the Kingdumb Hell when this was presented. Many of those children are hounded to get baptized before they understand what's going on. You don't even get to know all the rules or the whole contract until you are bound in it, and then if you break it or disagree to one of the hidden terms, you are going to get this crap pulled on you.

First, I don't think Jesus would approve of the Washtowel talking highly of children getting baptized at age 6 and showcasing them. Then, he would disapprove of anyone getting in on the contract before getting the whole story. A minimum age of 16 plus having read Crisis of Conscience through, or 21 and having access to all the rules, should be enforced. Plus, if the rules change, people should have the opportunity to reject the new rules (especially if they are not based on the Bible they claim to be). Even Satan's banks give people the right to cancel a contract should the rules change on them.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

That's righ WT Wiz, what would Jesus do if he was at that KH.

I don't see the mind of Christ in the FDS class. They have distinguished that those that disagree with their policies, and to be punished. It's a Scribe and pharasee thing. I know what Jesus did in his day to those that imposed heavy burdens on the people.

• N.drew
    N.drew

It is true Jesus got baptized if you believe the Bible, I do. So Jesus is the way, most people, I wonder, get baptized to follow Jesus, that's what they teach. I believe it and I believe John the baptist. It is a "bait and switch" organization. You get baptized for Jesus, but you become Watchtower property. I don't understand. Why is it legal?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Because it is spiritual and the law does not recognize spiritual shit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit