Today's Watchtower Lesson Really Bothered Me...

by dontplaceliterature 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Disfellowshipping is the only thing that keeps thousands from fleeing this cult...they know this. To give it up would be corporate suicide! Just think how many ones who post here but still go would leave once and for all if they stopped this practice! Fear is what binds this religion together. Jesus clearly said love would identify his followers. Fear Jehovah, Fear the world, Fear armageddon, fear losing the relationship of your loved ones. True christian= love, Jehovahs witnesses=fear

• 00DAD
    00DAD

And don't forget one point of the Mosaic Law was supposedly to show that humans can't live by law!

What wretched creatures we humans are!

• angel.face
    angel.face

I was planning to comment on p.14 and say something along the lines of 'the parents must decide whether they will obey the organization or if they will allow their natural feelings for their children get in the way'...but I couldn't do it. I haven't commented since I woke up and this article had my blood boiling. I could not take it and sat with my baby in the mothers room till it was over.

On the way home DH asked me how I felt about the article..I too wanted to tell my husband that I no longer want to go to the KH...but instead I bit my tongue and said 'it was ok'.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The power is in the organization, thats why many men are attracted to it, irregardless of any moral justification in today's social awareness.

The power of god is attainable to any man that wants it, there is nothing in the way of any kind, with the exception of needed bit of money,

people like C Russell and J Rutherford knew that very well.

This is America folks the land of the free after all.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I was quite surprised, yesterday, that even my wife, a die hard JW, chose to "miss" this particular meeting. And she always have her WT's highlighted in advance.

Perhaps it was because she knows how I feel about that whore-ganization and deep down, had an inkling that she would be forced to apply this article to me.....her sole means of support.

I can dream.....can I!!!!!

• I quit!
    I quit!

I think you are reaching your limit Dontplace. I can't imagine having to sit through that crap ever again. Fear and hate is what it is all about. With all the information about them on the internet I think they are starting to feel like a cornered animal and are lashing out.

LOVING thing to do

How Orwellian is that Lostandconfused? To refer to treating your children as if the are dead as loving isn't at all loving. Obvious to all but those that are brainwashed by a cult.

• agent zero
    agent zero

that was indeed a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE article! made my blood boil and i'm sure i was visibly disturbed.

at the same time i think it can be good when such articles come along, because as opposed to the tame "christian qualities" ones, they have the potential of shaking things up a little and waking up people who still have a bit of their natural conscience left.

• agent zero
    agent zero

worst comment i heard:

"when my daughter got disfellowshipped, it was really hard because i had never thought of her as being 'wicked', and yet that's how i knew i had to start viewing her."

this comment was made by an older sister who is actually a really really sweet person who cares alot about her family, so that made it even more abundantly clear to me that it's not so much the fault of individual witnesses as it is of the controlling organization they are victims of.

i felt bad for her and outraged at the org.

• agent zero
    agent zero

there were other aspects of the study that bothered me as well. i can't quote it precisely since i dont have it here with me, but one part talked of the son leaving because he prefers "the temporary enjoyment of sin, over a relationship with jehovah and his parents". that short statement had me disagreeing in three ways.

1- it is meant to fool witnesses who dont know any better, that the only reason young ones ever leave the org is because they want to party their asses off and live a 'worldly' lifestyle. though it's true for some, there's no mention of all those who leave because of doctrinal or historical reasons, thereby not calling to mind the validity of such reasons, and creating the illusion that all those leaving are wrong in doing so.

2- saying they prefer it over a relationship with jehovah. if they have independantly come to the conclusion that there is no jehovah or god at all, then prefering a relationship with him isn't even a factor.

3- of course nearly all WOULD like to keep a relationship with their parents, but they realize that keeping that relationship comes at the cost of living a lie, pretending to believe in things they no longer believe in.

• NVR2L8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit