What is "truth" - COULD Einstein Have Been Wrong?

by AGuest 197 Replies latest jw friends

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

LOL @ quoting the word truth. Come on now, I didn't even have to read the opening post to see where this was headed.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    What better way to display humility than to tell someone that you are humble?,....

I've often thought this of those who profess to be humble. And yes, Moses does come to mind but wait for the spin and the wiggling,...lol

Qcmbr and Gladiator have my vote on the reason for this thread. Just a continuation of the the same tack and underlying campaign.

Shelby, do you post on other discussion boards? Any other similar boards for exiting christians? Any christian apologetic groups? Perhaps something new age? How about a science based discussion board? Just curious as to how your beliefs are viewed by others of similar and/or dissimilar beliefs who have no background in JWism and who may be as close minded as some seem to be here.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

AGuest - my wife doesn't let me get away with the 'some chick on the Internet wanted to debate me on the phone..honest' line. In all seriousness though I'd advise against handing out your phone number to strangers - we are still strangers - just in case I turn out to be freaking crazy despite my sharp and witty posting.

That does not get you off the hook though. Evidence rules and so far your's can be described in the same way as J.s earthly ruling since 1914. Post it or step back from the pulpit.

• bohm
    bohm

new term: to get ummmmmmm'ed.

Its a bit like getting owned, except you are not.

[updated to fix spelling]

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ummmm... those words were added to the account, dear Jay (peace to you!). Even so, Moses didn't write the Book of Numbers alone. Although it is included in the canon called "Moses" it was penned by a few people. So, your assumption that Moses said this of himself is an error.

I hope that helps and, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• jay88
    jay88

2 out of 3,....he shrugs his shoulders,....I will take the odds. Either way he spoke to "god" and still ended at a dead end. "Follow the Trend"

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Thank you for replying to my solitary post Tec, AGuest & Twitch.

This is a vast and deep subject that has been explained very well by Qcmbr. Also the recent debate, in which Bohm explained scientific endeavour so clearly, is still fresh in my mind.

AGuest: My comments, therefore, are as to what we believe to be TRUE... versus what may actually BE... true.

This is a true statement. The difficult that I, along with many others on this forum have, arises when someone claims to base their belief on personal conversations with a spirit that is responsible for creating the world. All discussion about what truth is ends for such a person. They have received truth from the only perfect source and never again need to search, explore, question, prove or wonder. They have only to ask their invisible friend and all will be revealed. Such a person has a personal connection with truth and access to the greatest truth about the universe.

The rest of us have to take the slow road and read with interest each new discovery that scientist make in the hope that we can move slightly closer to truth. Or read the pages of the Bible in the hope of finding a few clues.

Why waste time debating with us? Just share with us some detail of the priceless truth that has been revealed to you AGuest. So far you have offered nothing new or anything of real interest. For that reason I can be forgiven for remaining sceptical until you reveal something that mere scientific men and women have so far failed to uncover without Divine help.

As I have said before, I envy your belief but am unable to follow where you go.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I didn't even have to read the opening post to see where this was headed.

Well, either you can do "magic", dear NS (peace to you!)... or you tend to judge books by their covers. I don't see the intelligence in either...

Shelby, do you post on other discussion boards?

Oh, no, dear Twitch (peace to you!). Heck, isn't this one enough?

Any other similar boards for exiting christians? Any christian apologetic groups? Perhaps something new age?

Nope. I am not sent to other "christians", but only those coming out of the WTBTS. I assume someone else has been sent to the others. Even so, it's not my concern... as it's not my work. As for other similar post-WTBTS boards, I've visited a few over the years... but find that others have already been assigned, so they don't need me.

How about a science based discussion board?

I very often read what's posted on such boards. Which is one of the reasons I see similarities with religion as to HOW science is presented. I mean, shoot, you thought JWs could call someone a "goat" for not listening to/agreeing with them? Sometimes they (JWs) have NOTHING on some science-heads. Hoo-wee, the name calling, knee-jerking, attacks on others' thinking/reasoning...

Do I comment? Only to ask a question. Otherwise, absolutely not. What I have to share is not the PURPOSE of such boards. While I know some of you would LIKE it to not be, here, as well... that's not exactly the case, is it? Since this board is to discuss ANYTHING "related" to Jehovah's Witnesses, the WTBTS, etc., I share what I do. I do find it... ummmm... interesting that even when I specifically direct my posts to "The Household of God, Israel," et al., certain ones (perhaps like you) comment/respond. Or when I ask a question as I have here (what is "truth")... it's taken as something TOTALLY different than what I meant. Really... totally different. I was concerned with truth... not science, per se.

Just curious as to how your beliefs are viewed by others of similar and/or dissimilar beliefs who have no background in JWism and who may be as close minded as some seem to be here.

Actually, I speak to a lot of people OFF the Internet... and they actually have NO problem, even want to hear more. I don't hide, dear one, except perhaps at work (because that is not my purpose for being there, and I don't try to take advantage, as we're taught to do as JWs).

But you have to remember: I am African American. When I say, "The Spirit said to me," or "Christ said to me..."... no one trips. No one. In fact, most that I know (excluding those raised as either JW or Catholic) would be surprised that I DIDN'T hear the Spirit. Thus, I have friends who attend all kinds of churches (and know I don't and why), who say things like, "So, girl, I didn't know WHAT to do... and then Jesus said..."

So... what YOU need to understand is that I am only considered an anomaly among folks who have LITTLE... or NO... faith.

I am not alone, dear Twitch. I could leave this site today and walk into almost any church within a 5 mile radius... and be right "at home", at least as far as professing to hear Christ. That what I hear is rarely related to be personally, yet always corroborated, however, would make me somewhat of an anomaly... and possibly a bit of a "celebrity". Certainly, I would be considered a "blessed" one by some (and a potential enemy by others). I don't want... or need... ANY of that. Because, again, it is NOT about ME.

I get how that might be hard for some of you to understand... given the history of religion... and how some have "seated themselves in the seat of Moses." It could be quite tempting... for someone who wants... or needs... to be followed/lauded. I don't have the want OR the need. I'm just trying to share the truth... even if NO ONE wants to hear it. Because I am GRATEFUL to the One who gives it to me, so much so that I want others to know they can get it... FROM HIM... too.

Don't want it? Cool-ness. Skip over my threads (which you can do with ease)... or my posts in other threads (which may not be as easy but certainly can be done). That's all it takes.

But at least you folks should admit... to yourselves, if not to anyone else... that you can't help yourselves - there is a REASON you CANNOT skip over my threads. And it's not simply because you disagree. If that were the case, you wouldn't even bother to open them... let alone COMMENT on them. Because you are perfectly capable of doing that with others' threads.

You open... read... and comment on MINE... because you're actually intrigued and curious: what's she saying NOW? But why do you CARE? I'm crazy, right? Delusional? Out of my mind? Egotistical? Looking for followers? Etc., etc., etc. And yet, here you folks are. You could just have easily opened, looked, said, "Yeah, she's crazy," and backed out. But... you could not do that.

I don't open (or if I inadvertently do open, comment) on threads where I think the poster is off the tilt. What would be the POINT... if he/she truly IS? My words aren't going to bring them back to their senses - only medication will do that (if they truly are off the tilt).

I am honest with... and about... myself, dear Twitch... even when others don't like it. I think some of you should start being a bit more honest with yourselves: you are looking for something. Otherwise, you TRULY wouldn't even bother wasting your time.

Now, gotta go, so... peace to you!

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGuest - my wife doesn't let me get away with the 'some chick on the Internet wanted to debate me on the phone..honest' line.

Of course, dear Q (again, peace to you!).

In all seriousness though I'd advise against handing out your phone number to strangers - we are still strangers - just in case I turn out to be freaking crazy despite my sharp and witty posting.

Yes, my hands were greatly trembling as I PM'd you (because I knew you would come all the way from England through the phone line and harm me...)

That does not get you off the hook though.

Technically, its does... though I don't need to BE off the hook. You asked... I responded. The offer remains open, though. You have my number...

Evidence rules and so far your's can be described in the same way as J.s earthly ruling since 1914. Post it or step back from the pulpit.

I've posted what I've posted. There's a little over 10 years, so I suggest you start from Page 1...

Again, peace to you!

SA, who "put up"... and thinks that perhaps now you should consider manifesting the following part of that old saying...

• jay88
    jay88

Shelby: You open... read... and comment on MINE... because you're actually intrigued and curious: what's she saying NOW? But why do you CARE? I'm crazy, right? Delusional? Out of my mind? Egotistical? Looking for followers? Etc., etc., etc. And yet, here you folks are. You could just have easily opened, looked, said, "Yeah, she's crazy," and backed out. But... you could not do that.

I also like to watch the "House wives of Atlanta",......so guilty as charged

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit