Dec 15 2011 WT: We don't care if you have a f***ing BRAIN TUMOR get your a$$ out in service!!

by baltar447 69 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

If you gotta heap this kind of guilt on you cult members to carry out your bidding, how BAD is everybody's attitude towards service? Pretty crap-o-la if you ask me.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    You don't realize how bad they treat people until you actually leave. . . . . Shamus

It's psychological slavery of the most brutal kind . . . they'll flog you with a whip until the flesh peels off your back . . . for money.

• baltar447
    baltar447

yourmomma, the GAUL that elder had to suggest that you shouldn't share the meeting material with your wife! Who the fuck is he to sa wtf you do in your own damn household! Where do these little tyrants(elders) get off!?!?!?!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I am in agreement with most of you...

BUT I will be the Devil's advocate for a moment and say that as sad as it is, this is ALL SOME OF THESE people have in their lives and if they want to kill themselves in what they *perceive* to be life-saving works and acts of Godly devotion, then that is their business...they are sincere and for that I salute them.

Ok JWnet people...beat me to a bloody pulp now- I am ready lol!

• irondork
    irondork

Two weeks before my father died from mesothelioma, my mother was on the phone with an elder, pleading the case for why my father didn't have any time to report that month. The elder was so kind. He excused my father that month, telling my mother they were familiar with his case.

"HIS CASE!???"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I caught a passing glimpse of the 'days text' for today. It was on the coffee table and all I saw were the words 'DO MORE'.

Sizemik - sorry to hear about your sickness. Peace on you my friend.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

And yet, a perfectly able JW was 'let off' door to door because it was too embarrasing! As told by The false dots in 2009...(would be interesting if it could be corroberated by a second source)

On the way back to the station, I asked Hank a question which had been troubling me. "Mr Marvin, you are a Jehovah's Witness?" Hank replied "Yes, that's right". I said "I hope you don't mind me asking you a question". Hank replied "No, we're always pleased when people are interested in the religion". I said "Ok, do they let you off knocking on doors on a Sunday because you are so famous". Hank suddenly started to look a little embarrassed.He replied "Well I used to do that, it is part of the commitment you make as a member, everyone has to". He then went on "The trouble was that whenever I knocked on anyone's door, they thought it was Candid Camera playing a practical joke on them and no one would take it seriously. I'd stand there for half an hour trying to explain that there wasn't a camera crew over the road." He went on and explained that it was deemed best all round if he did other work for the church instead.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Ray, you have a good point. But my issue with the article is that is purposefully creates an unreachable bar for far too many JWs. It also uses these sincere people as a tool for persuasion. It's unethical exploitation.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@Franklin - True it is bro. I was just reading last night in Ray Franz's second book that the GB were talking about encouraging pioneering more and he suggested that the entire body Aux Pioneer TM ...and they looked at him in silence for a moment and then continued their discussion as if he hadn't said a word.

I got that reaction many times in elder meetings in the past so I could relate to that one- They are not willing to lift the heavy loads they pile onto the rank and file with even one finger...

• shamus100
    shamus100

This article is completely typical - make no mistake.

This type of berating goes on at each and every meeting; the setting of impossibly high goals. "nothing new under the sun".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit