Dec 15 2011 WT: We don't care if you have a f***ing BRAIN TUMOR get your a$$ out in service!!

by baltar447 69 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

Older people who need help are treated as outcasts if they can't make it to meetings - I knew one lady who was 80 years old and had to WALK to the grocery store. WALK!!!! Preaching work takes precedent over common sense and human compassion. The ones that I knew always died alone in nursing homes, with no help from anyone, other than visits every six months or so.

Ooooh, ick, they are such awful people.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I know there were many a book study held around the globe in an older JWs house that was the ONLY meeting they could attend. I'm sure they felt Jehovar's blessing when that went away!

• minimus
    minimus

This WT. plays upon weak people....SAD!!!

• Twitch
    Twitch

All this has happened before and will happen again,...

• White Dove
    White Dove

It happened to me.

That's what got me out.

I'm glad it's happening, though, so people can see it for what it is.

On the other hand, it's cruel and I wished they were kinder to people, because there are some that just won't leave.

They'll stay and keep getting abused.

My family is an example of this.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I was disfellowshipped for defending a mentally challenged brother who they publicly reproved after provoking him into throwing his Bible at them. The kid was totally devastated and they just didn't give a $hit. It took every ounce of my self control not to deck those bastards.

Wow sizemik, so sorry to hear about your terminal illness!

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

This kind of sick SHIT pisses me off. I have numerous health problems which are debilitating to me. Being told I'm not doing enough or I need to do more is unreasonable. NOBODY knows what Baltar & I would go through to get me & our kids to the meetings. Our oldest has special needs. Telling us we don't do enough is an insult of the highest order.

F*CK. YOU.

Walk a mile in my shoes and then we'll talk. Until the, have a nice, hot cup of STFU.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You make an interesting point about Galatians, Timothy. It seems like that is one of the books they try not to focus on very much. Search the following words in the WT Library CD-ROM and get some interesting results. Even the old testament prophets are referred to more than Galatians.

Galatians 323

Ephesians 495

Malachi 750

Joel 755

Hebrews 1543

Matthew 1961

Revelation 4185

• baltar447
    baltar447

Hey GB:

• Awen
    Awen

In my old congregation we had a man by the name of Hugh who had just started studying at the ripe age of 84. He was already in very bad health (Cancer) but was determined to put forth his best. The Elders asked me to look after him, which meant field service, taking him to his weekly hospital visits in Charleston, SC (100 miles away) and just generally looking after the guy. I looked after him for a period of six months and he progression in his study was slow (according to the Elders), but he had trouble reading the small print in the books. One Elder made a remark that he didn't see Hugh making it into the New System because he would probably die before he was baptized (as if THAT means anything at all other than a public confession of one's faith). I stuck with Hugh despite what the Elder said but he did die 7 months after he started his study and was never recommended for baptism because he hadn't progressed through all 3 books at that time. Hugh had asked the Elders before his death if they would give the eulogy at his funeral. They of course refused because he wasn't baptized and most likely wouldn't be by the time he passed away. Hugh had this non-JW friend who accompanied him everywhere (as she didn't trust me nor the other JW's). She thought we might be trying to take advantage of him.

So as I said he passed away and no JW's went to his funeral. I asked his friend about attending but was told I wouldn't be welcome because of being a JW, despite the love I had shown towards this man. She just felt that we had harmed him enough and I had to agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit